Why do people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Road bike and longtail
2011-04-28%252013.07.51.jpg DSCF1191.JPG
Angle of the photo and the compact frame makes the Planet X look like a bigger difference than it actually is.
And I have gibbon arms.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have three bikes. All the saddles are 41 inches in height. Two of my bikes have drop bars at 36 inches the other has bars at 38 inches. I've been riding the bike with the highest set bars for the last month or so,but yesterday i used one of the lower bar bikes. I found it uncomfortable so i might higher the bars but they haven't been moved in 16 years so they might be stuck?!

S.Giles

Yeah but you have to read it to find out whether or not you want to read it.
No you don't. Hovering the cursor over the thread title displays the first few lines of the OP, so 'empty' thread titles aren't a great idea, but don't cause any inconvenience.

Citius

Ride with such a large saddle to bar drop?? is it cause the bike is too small?? do they find it comfortable?

what is it.........

personally my saddle sits just below the height of my bars, but my cleats are also quite a far way back to stop foot and knee issues recurring, looking at some of the bikes in the photo gallery makes my eyes water, just thinking of sitting on some of those saddle heights...........

The convention is that your back should be 'flat' when on the drops - and that usually requires the bars to be some distance lower than the saddle. Not everyone can achieve this position because of their size/weight, etc. And not everyone wants that position anyway. But from a 'race' perspective, it's normal. If you don't want to ride like that, then no issue.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The convention is that your back should be 'flat' when on the drops - and that usually requires the bars to be some distance lower than the saddle. Not everyone can achieve this position because of their size/weight, etc. And not everyone wants that position anyway. But from a 'race' perspective, it's normal. If you don't want to ride like that, then no issue.
Hope this helps
http://www.cobbcycling.com/content/positioningvideos

h0lly1991

If the set up is wrong it could mean you've either got either A- the wrong size bike B- Google things too much and think you are better than you are or C-needed a change or D- any of the above
Personally I had a bike fit after losing weight and have taken loads of time off my 10 and 25 mile tt times

ChrisEyles

Guru
I don't think the classic set up of an old racer can be bettered for comfort - a fist of seatpost showing (on what is probably a slightly larger frame than a modern bike I guess), with the bars 2" or so below the saddle. I can ride all day on this one with no pain in the wrists/neck/shoulders, hoods and drops pretty much equally comfy :smile:

11041850_10101092915555629_297369867620148386_o.jpg

I also have a sit up and beg bike - not as comfy for long rides, as too much weight on the saddle! Though I see the bars are also a touch below the saddle on this one too!

11034403_10101098523472319_1859590670033291790_o.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If the set up is wrong it could mean you've either got either A- the wrong size bike B- Google things too much and think you are better than you are or C-needed a change or D- any of the above
Personally I had a bike fit after losing weight and have taken loads of time off my 10 and 25 mile tt times
I keep thinking about a bike fit but something always comes along and takes the "spare" cash.

Top Bottom