Why do people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Cos it tends to be faster.:hyper: Generally you are in a more aero position. It is not for everyone and there is no right answer to how upright you should be. Some people don't want to be head down ass up they want a more relaxed ride or can't ride in that position due to lack of flexibility or medical issues, but it is basically the opposite of a sit up and beg.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
..because some people race and have their bikes setup in a more aggressive stance. My Race bike has a medium drop from saddle to bar, but my winter fixed is almost level. Right tool for the right job etc.....

My TT bike has a large drop, as you'd expect, to get my back as flat as possible.

Depends on the bike,the fit and riding. I've got relatively long legs so to get the correct saddle height I will have a fair bit of seatpost showing.

MTB more upright and lower saddle so it's easier to move about on the bike and pick out where to ride the bike when offroad. Still about level for me.
Road bike. Bars much lower than the saddle. More aero position and allows me to take a fair bit of torso weight on my arms, rather than my arse on longer rides
The other bike (shopping and suchlike utility stuff) is generally ridden in traffic so I like to be more upright. Somewhere in between the 2 but slightly closer to the mtb position.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ride with such a large saddle to bar drop?? is it cause the bike is too small?? do they find it comfortable?

what is it.........

personally my saddle sits just below the height of my bars, but my cleats are also quite a far way back to stop foot and knee issues recurring, looking at some of the bikes in the photo gallery makes my eyes water, just thinking of sitting on some of those saddle heights...........

You ride a MTB then ?^_^

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You ride a MTB then ?^_^
No, i ride roadbike and TT bike

Not even my TT bike is head down arse up, its set-up so its comfortable and in the best position for me to put the power down........

Exile

Last time I glanced at my bike after tweaking the riding position I think the bars were an inch or two below the saddle. I find it's both comfortable and efficient for me, so I keep it like that. I'd guess others have a larger drop for comfort, aerodynamics, aesthetics, or just personal choice.

Each to their own, I say, so even if it's just to look like the pro's, if it gets them riding who am I to begrudge them their fun?

Top Bottom