Why do so many people hate cyclists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I think a lot of it is that people like to whinge. As we're cyclists they whinge to us about cyclists. If we were taxi drivers it would be taxi drivers they hate. You can find people - even some on here! - who hate dog walkers, cat owners, Manchester United, Simon Cowell, radio 1, etc. If it's just idle conversation around the coffee machine at work, just walk away. Surely they're not worth the hassle.

Obviously if it's someone threatening to run you off the road and then actually trying it, it's a different story.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just to play devils advocate...ive never really had the anti cycling sentiment thrown at me.
You get the very occasional 'yeah but you dont obey the rules ' kinda sentiment...but I simply reply...'most of us do, people only remember the bad stuff..anyway, no-one get killed by the odd annoying cyclist'
To which they usually shrug their shoulders and say 'true'

discominer

Irrational ain't it? Someone once told me she hated cyclists. She then told me why ( I was about to walk away)...a friend of hers was in hospital after a collision. Guess what? Her friend was the cyclist- so she hated cyclists- they get hit by cars.:wacko:

400bhp

Guru
Just to play devils advocate...ive never really had the anti cycling sentiment thrown at me.
You get the very occasional 'yeah but you dont obey the rules ' kinda sentiment...but I simply reply...'most of us do, people only remember the bad stuff..anyway, no-one get killed by the odd annoying cyclist'
To which they usually shrug their shoulders and say 'true'

+1

ShipHill

Joe Schlub hates everything about me and everything I've ever done in my life, always has and always will. I don't care and they're all turds.

I've driven a taxi, ride a motorbike, bicycle, listen to evvy metal, got tattoos... blah blah blah. These people sound right clowns though. I hope nothing horrible happens to them. Like bumping into me or anyone else who'd wag our fingers at them very sternly.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I just give them my hard as f*** stare of death, that seems to shut them up.
slide-14-grant-mitchell.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just give them my hard as f*** stare of death, that seems to shut them up.
It's hooligans like you that give us a bad name!:laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry I couldn't find one of Phil or Grant and had to use the one I took of you that Sunday you turned up for the CC ride in a Bimmer...

Now if you had showed a pic of Phil and Grant and I showed that pic to my lazy arsed welsh cousin bumpkin he would say that it's me and my brother....................so you're not alone.

I'll get you back....

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Now if you had showed a pic of Phil and Grant and I showed that pic to my lazy arsed welsh cousin bumpkin he would say that it's me and my brother....................so you're not alone.

I'll get you back....
With what cuz? u gonna criticize my dirty cassette? Or u gonna tell me u got tix for Slayer then take me to a Hanson gig like u tried to last time?

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I like the sound of just turning your back and walking away, that would really wind them up, or just ignore them completely not even make eye contact. If people can't be civilised I don't have the time or patience to interact with them.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
You can push me so far mate..
Searches on phone for NY girls number she gave me...;)
True, after a few weeks with me she probably wants a bit of rough!

Anyway, we should get back to the OP.
One of my favourite ways of getting back at a driver is raising their rear wiper or opening the boot or a rear passenger side door. They have to stop to sort it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom