Why does cycling attract so many snobs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
What about Crufts, and the World Tiddlywinks Championships?

I'm sure there are forums to cater for your particular peculiar tastes.

FTFY :thumbsup:

yello

Breaking news just in; all cyclists are the same. Exactly the same. They do not represent a cross-cut of society, nor reflect the differences and variety one sees in society at large, as one would expect in any other group of people.

No, they are all snobs. They are all nobbers. WE are all nobbers.

I got scored walking down a mtn once by two chaps with all the gear. If I heard right, I got a two. Out of ten I assume. Fair enough. I had gone up and down in swimming trunks and derry boots. Gear angst has haunted me ever since………… . Oh no it hasn't. Sometimes I forget what I'm supposed to be concerned about.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I started a thread some while ago asking if there was snobbery in cycling. The overall consensus was there is and always has been. It's in every almost aspect of life. Snobbery about whether you read Telegraph or The Guardian, shop at M&S or Lidl.
Cycling is only one of very many sports that suffers from snobbery; in every sport there are those who have all the gear and who look down on others who don't. It's the human rat-race.
Plus there's reverse snobbery from the "all the gear and no idea" brigade. What idea do you need? All that's required is to turn the crank! That's the great thing about cycling, you can do at whatever level you wish.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Every time I go up Ivinghoe Beacon I'm either dodging the cows wandering in the road or eyeing up the ice cream van in the car park

Is there a road that goes up there? I thought it was the start of the Ridgeway. I found it difficult enough to walk up and didn't see any roads, just a dirt track. In fact, here's a photo I took of it.

10383667_10152333465771749_1764259154049282727_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom