Wiggle bike weight question rejected - why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
You know where to report misleading adverts that you suspect to be false: www.ASA.org.uk
I don't know whether it's false or not do I?

You could go ride it and see for yourself?

The other side of the coin, is that there's no universal standard for manufacturers quoted weights, with some quoting ready-to-ride, others quoting without tyres, tubes and pedals. You wouldn't know how realistic any quoted weight might be, and it wouldn't even be useful as a comparison against another manufacturers wares.

Not at Wiggle

I had a problem with my derailleur and as I pass their door tried to buy a replacement....

They would only help if I placed an internet order and they would post it to me

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It's just another example of *iss poor customer service from the cycling industry.

Most new bikes are, one way or another, marketed on weight. The industry is obsessed with weight. Buyers are obsessed with weight.

All this fudging the issue with different frame sizes, different components etc is complete rollocks.

What is difficult about this?:

Giant Defy 1. As supplied with the components shown on this website the XS weighs this, the S weighs this, the M weighs this etc etc.

No matter how convoluted an argument that anyone posts as to 'that's how it is in the cycle industry' I am not going to be convinced that it is beyond the capabilities of the world's largest cycle manufacturer (or any other) to complete an exercise that a class of 5 year olds could comfortably knock off without breaking sweat.

Last edited:

sykes179

Suppose that's the disadvantage of buying over the Internet. Go to a local bike shop pay more, support a local business and get better service.

sykes179

image.jpeg

A bicycle's weight is irrelevant. It is not like you are baking a cake or mixing chemicals where the reaction is dependent on ratio's of ingredients. Go for a ride, drink beer and leave weight talk to the NHS.

Top Bottom