Wiggle - getting slow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Gerry Attrick said:
Maybe they read the forum.

Maybe, but if that was the case I reckon they'd have been able to send it before I got pissed off :thumbsup:

FOAD

I ordered £200 quids worth of clothing at midnight on 28th and paid for "24 hr despatch".

At 2pm on the 29th I got an email saying it had been sent so I expected it to arrive on the 30th (before the BH weekend and the day before I went for a 4hr sesh on Newport Velodrome).

Mid-day 30th I check the City Link reference they gave me and it didn't exist, citing that it will only show if it has been collected.

I email Wiggle who say CL picked it up afternoon of the 29th. I ring City Link who tell me they have received nothing for my address and the shipping reference refers to someone elses delivery.

Wiggle BS me all afternoon, then suddenly send me a new reference, though they insist it was despatched afternoon on 29th. I ring CL who say this is rubbish, they still have nothing for me at 5pm Friday afternoon.

I tell Wiggle this and they still swear it was despatched on the 29th.

Tuesday 4th May and the parcel arrives at 7.40 am (CL are always brill for me) and the docs clearly show that the item was despatched late on Friday 30th with a completely different reference.

Basically Wiggle screwed up and lied to me. Several items in the delivery were not as per the displayed colour scheme or description on their site. The other stuff was a perfect fit etc.

I also had two pairs of bib shorts that had taken an age two weeks before still in their bags.

I sent it all back to them out of principle. Their service has become poor in the last few months. Over £300 worth of kit sent back.

I only order from them because they were prompt and dealt with returns quickly. I will be shopping elsehwere from now on, as they have never been the cheapest.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
FOAD said:
I sent it all back to them out of principle. Their service has become poor in the last few months. Over £300 worth of kit sent back.

I only order from them because they were prompt and dealt with returns quickly. I will be shopping elsehwere from now on, as they have never been the cheapest.

That just about sums it up - people shopped at Wiggle because of their prompt delivery and good returns service; NOT because of their prices.

If their service is getting poor, there is no longer a reason to shop at Wiggle - they will lose thousands of customers if they are not careful (which might result in lower prices!)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I was going to praise them for how they sorted out my problem with a light set I bought 16 months ago... the front light bounced off in January when I hit a bump in the road and was run over by a following taxi and smashed beyond repair... I contacted them to say the securing bracket was fault, posted it back to them on a Tuesday evening (just before 5pm) and they issued a new set (both lights) Wednesday morning after receiving the returned item!!!! Well impressed!!! ;)

However, having placed an order on 29th April for some koolstop brake blocks I am still awaiting the order to be processed... not so good! :biggrin:

djb1971

Legendary Member
Still not processed, the stuff from CRC is on the bike!!!!

As already said, the bits aren't the cheapest but for some reason I have a loyalty with Wiggle because of their excellent service. They're changing so it looks like I will be.

dubhghall

+1
I ordered almost £150 worth of stuff on Thursday (standard free delivery) - order still not processed :biggrin:. A few months ago it would have been dispatched Friday and delivered on Saturday.

I have already started using other on-line retailers whereas previously I would have only ever bothered with the big two.

I am also using my lbs more again - prices now about the same as Wiggle and the chat is a lot better!

slater

Over the last few weeks Wiggle have been so slow. I've actually cancelled a few orders after they've been in the processing state for a few days.

I've started using Ribble over the last few weeks and they've been very good.

Chain Reaction are still great too. But Wiggle what's happened?

jay clock

Massive member
yes, much slower. ordered a chain on Sunday and only despatched today (weds). so still not here

Freewheel

Hi
I ordered some Swissstop pads on Monday (4.00pm so might be classed as Tuesday) but the order is still showing as proccessing so tomorrow will be 3 days! emailed them and they say they currently have a "small backlog of orders which we are trying our best to clear". I think this is poor for 4 brake pads, never had an issue with Wiggle before so came on here and there was the thread, just to show that their service has gone down.
They may not get any more of my custom (wanted some baselayers) if this is their current service level.

Noodley

my order arrived yesterday. can't be arsed checking how long it took, but I'd forgotten I'd ordered it by the time it arrived :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I cancelled my order for 2 lots of Koolstop blocks after waiting nearly 2 weeks for stock levels to rise above zero... they never did so my order never got processed. Bought some pads off Fibrax's website directly, slightly more expensive but got an extra pair of blocks.

When cancelling the Wiggle order they ask for a reason... I was happy to be offered (and, indeed, chose) the option for "Got fed up of waiting". Kudos to Wiggle for offering that option... wonder how many have responded with it when cancelling orders!!!

Top Bottom