Wiggle Good Customer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
Well order a new rear mech, chain and chain tool late last Friday night. Although I needed them desperately I was in the middle of a run of 8 12 hour shifts so couldn't get to the LBS.
Box arrived Saturday, but it only had the rear mech. "oh well" I thought they did quote 2 working days, and by that point not even one had past. Today still no sign of the chain or chain tool, so I emailed them only to get the reply that it was all in the same box, was the box damaged, could I supply photos of said box so they could start an investigation.
Now at this point I'm thinking all is lost, my word against theirs should have waited and gone to LBS. But I emailed back including photos of the box (I'm really slow to throw boxes out 'just in case'), and pointed out that I needed the parts ASAP as a bike doesn't move without a chain.
When I got to work tonight there was an email on my phone from Wiggle, my chain and tool have been dispatched next day delivery free of charge, tracking number attached (sure enough it's arrived at the delivery depot now and is being loaded on the delivery truck).
Yeah they made a mistake on dispatch, and yeah this will be three working days. But they have pulled out the stops, at their own expense to get me my chain (and tool), and that to me is good customer service. Now all I have to do is sleep lightly enough to hear the delivery driver!!

MattHB

Proud Daddy
They've been really good lately for me too. I had a big problem with a set of wheel through city-stink. I reported the issue to them and they gave me a £20 voucher.

mattobrien

Guru
Only ever had positive experiences of Wiggle. A wide product range, keenly priced, fast dispatch, free and easy returns and they will price match.

What more do you need from an online retailer.

BSRU

A Human Being
You only really find out how good a company is when something goes wrong and how they deal with it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
When ever I have had a problem in relation to a Wiggle delivery whether the problem was my cause or theirs. It has always been sorted to my satisfaction.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hmm, I've had problem free service from Wiggle until a couple of weeks ago when a balance bike arrived missing a small spacer-type component. I'm told the part is now on its way to me but while they were trying to get hold of the missing part they seemed very uncommunicative and it took a reminder from me that the goods received were not as sold before they showed any sign of acting. Even if it arrives tomorrow, I'll be shopping elsewhere for a while.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2335905, member: 259"]I have only had positive experience with them. But they never send me any sodding free sweets! :cry:[/quote]

Awww. Lol. My last order I got Haribo and a couple of High 5 tabs. I've always had good results ordering from them too. Usually receive any orders very quickly and always well packed.

m477

They've been really good lately for me too. I had a big problem with a set of wheel through city-stink. I reported the issue to them and they gave me a £20 voucher.

Lucky!! I got an apology, who gave you that?

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Never had any orders from Wiggle but after these comments I shall be happy to give them a try. On a slightly different tac, there is a big retail presence i've stopped going to because of bad experience using thier internet service. Argos sent me the wrong item 3 times in a row, refused to send the replacement until getting the wrong one back, and treated me like I was the problem, when it transpired that a wharehouse shelf had been incorrectly coded, so the wrong item kept getting picked. never any apology nor did I ever get the correct item. Havnt used them since. But bravo for the thread starter DRHysted, for posting posotive feedback, instead of having a moan about something. Its easy to criticise, but nice to applaud !

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Wiggle have always been good for me, the seatpost I got last week came with Haribo too :smile: A year or so ago, I ordered some shorts in the sale, but received them after the sale ended and wanted to change the size. Their return policy was to refund and let you re-order, so I emailed asking if I could have a replacement at the same price and they quickly arranged for that instead. They did make a mistake once in sending me a schraeder tube instead of the presta I ordered, I sent it back and they refunded that part of my order and also read the label on the parcel and refunded my postage costs without asking. I cheekily asked if they could also refund the next day delivery I'd paid for despite there being other things in the order, because I had only wanted the tube urgently and they also refunded that. It can't cost them much and they're one of the first places I go to and it also gets them positive reviews on cycling forums like this :thumbsup:

I have had many good experiences of Wiggle customer service. But I have also had two bad ones. They did eventually give me refunds on 2 damaged items (separate orders), but took ages deciding whether to send replacements . They offered to send replacement items but only on receipt of damaged items (I live in France and it takes ages), I was in a bit of a hurry for them. Refund took six weeks from first order. I would still use them though.

Mind you, I have found CRC cheaper, quicker postage and better customer service, but as I said , I live in France, so I can't comment on UK deliveries.

ankaradan

My first experience with Wiggle was excellent. I ordered an Ortleib handlebar bag from them on the 22nd; it was delivered here in Ankara today, the 28th, which I think is bloody fast (10 -14 days is the norm). The price was also significantly cheaper than anyone else.

Top Bottom