Wiggle out of stock items

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Been a few weeks since I started this thread just for a good old moan and I do like a gripe but it’s quite obvious there some funny dealings going on with them :thumbsdown:

bpsmith

Veteran
Found this in another thread today... https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/purchasing-cold-turkey-how-long-can-u-go.225644/page-3

@kingrollo said:

Well that worked out
Just pulled the trigger on a £1600 De Rosa Idol.

Im back on track for zero expenditure on cycling. My wiggle order got cancelled. (stock errors)

Found this in another thread today... https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/purchasing-cold-turkey-how-long-can-u-go.225644/page-3

@kingrollo said:

Well that worked out
Just pulled the trigger on a £1600 De Rosa Idol.

Im back on track for zero expenditure on cycling. My wiggle order got cancelled. (stock errors)

Yep that was I.

I tried to salvage something from the deal - I said 'Look i'm in the market for a £2k road bike - the de rosa idol is my number 1 choice in view of circumstances whats your very best price' - they weren't interested

bpsmith

Veteran
Yep that was I.

I tried to salvage something from the deal - I said 'Look i'm in the market for a £2k road bike - the de rosa idol is my number 1 choice in view of circumstances whats your very best price' - they weren't interested
Similar happened to me with Ultegra brakes recently, hence the posts above. They didn't bite then either.

I was watching that De Rosa too, as at the £2,249 price level it was silly cheap. At least 9 of each in stock the night before, then suddenly sold out instantly the next day...when the deal was on. Gutted that you didn't get that bargain btw.

Similar happened to me with Ultegra brakes recently, hence the posts above. They didn't bite then either.

I was watching that De Rosa too, as at the £2,249 price level it was silly cheap. At least 9 of each in stock the night before, then suddenly sold out instantly the next day...when the deal was on. Gutted that you didn't get that bargain btw.

Yeah life goes on - I still have £1600 in the bank.
The new work scheme has a £10k limit - so I could have a caliper ultegra (2018) de rosa for around £2200 - or the disk one from wiggle at £2200 ......I just think the calliper one should be cheaper !!!

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yeah life goes on - I still have £1600 in the bank.
The new work scheme has a £10k limit - so I could have a caliper ultegra (2018) de rosa for around £2200 - or the disk one from wiggle at £2200 ......I just think the calliper one should be cheaper !!!
£10k c2w limit !!! roflol

£10k c2w limit !!! roflol

If you can justify it, good for you ROFLOL

I thought all these schemes were salary sacrifice , well was my understanding :rolleyes:

I won't be spending anywhere £10k on a bike !
My understand was that all schemes were salary sacrifice of which c2w was one.
Apart from the idol the scheme isn't great as you are tied to one shop (or website) the bikes are always more expensive than can be brought elsewhere - Partly why Im not jumping the gun at it.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you can justify it, good for you ROFLOL

I thought all these schemes were salary sacrifice , well was my understanding :rolleyes:

Presumably the one with the 10k limit is sacrifice from net income not gross as Cycle to work, so you don't get the tax benefit. Bit like a season ticket loan that lots of companies offer (at least around London, don't know about elsewhere)

Presumably the one with the 10k limit is sacrifice from net income not gross as Cycle to work, so you don't get the tax benefit. Bit like a season ticket loan that lots of companies offer (at least around London, don't know about elsewhere)

Don't know.
A bike they list @ £2900 - costs me £2k in rental and £200 to extend the lease for 3 years after which the bike is mine for no further fees. Lots of people look at the scheme bikes - but you can nearly always find them cheaper on the web . Hence Im holding back a while yet.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't know.
A bike they list @ £2900 - costs me £2k in rental and £200 to extend the lease for 3 years after which the bike is mine for no further fees. Lots of people look at the scheme bikes - but you can nearly always find them cheaper on the web . Hence Im holding back a while yet.
That's C2W I assume hence the saving (£2k vs £2900). Your company must have a credit licence?

Gary E

Veteran
Was lucky enough to get quite a lot of Wiggle vouchers for Christmas :smile: Unfortunately I've not been able to spend any of them yet. Shoes, Pedals and Wheels that I want are all out of stock :sad: Should have asked for Amazon vouchers lol

Top Bottom