Wiggle - poor service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowwww

Veteran
I bought a present for my wife's birthday from Wiggle last week, and it was due to be delivered tomorrow.

Just had an email advising that they've got a problem with their systems and they can't fulfil the order which has now been cancelled.

They confirm that they will refund my money (how kind!) but it may take a few days to reach me, and I've now got little or no time to get this elsewhere.

No offer of recompense or discount on future orders as an apology, but they say that they hope this experience won't stop me from using them in future. Not a chance!!

pclay

Veteran
was this the first time you have ever ordered form Wiggle? Mistakes can happen, but you are getting your money back. you have everyright to shop elsewhere -good luck. try your local bike shop.

OP
OP
S

slowwww

Veteran
was this the first time you have ever ordered form Wiggle? Mistakes can happen, but you are getting your money back. you have everyright to shop elsewhere -good luck. try your local bike shop.
No, I've used them occasionally in the past and they've been ok. It's the lack of time to get this elsewhere that's annoyed me!

U

User482

Apparently, they have on-going problems with their new stock control system. I'd give them a miss until it's been sorted out.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I feel your pain

I ordered my bars from there. Plenty on stock when I ordered - Everything fine. Then an email two days later saying the same thing - out of stock due to an error

I had to reorder them from (ironically) CRC and pay for next day delivery, just to get them on time.

This is the only time this has ever happened with Wiggle for me, after many many years of ordering

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That's annoying, but it actually looks like pretty good service to me. They let you know before it was due to be delivered and have already set your refund in motion. I recently ordered something from Amazon which didn't turn up by the due date; a complaint brought (after a couple of days) an apology and a promise that another would be despatched and should be with me within 48 hours; four days later, a complaint brought an apology and a promise that another would be despatched and should be with me within 24 hours; three days later I complained to Amazon, and got a refund (a surprisingly and irritatingly convoluted and time-consuming process). The 'three times despatched' item never did turn up. Wiggle's performance looks pretty fair, by comparison.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I bought a present for my wife's birthday from Wiggle last week, and it was due to be delivered tomorrow.

Just had an email advising that they've got a problem with their systems and they can't fulfil the order which has now been cancelled.

They confirm that they will refund my money (how kind!) but it may take a few days to reach me, and I've now got little or no time to get this elsewhere.

No offer of recompense or discount on future orders as an apology, but they say that they hope this experience won't stop me from using them in future. Not a chance!!
I hear you, but I've had far worse service from bike shops before.

bianchi1

Guru
I had to lend a workmate a front light on Saturday night. He had ordered one from Wiggle a week previously, but there had been some sort of issue and the order was cancelled. Coincidence??

OP
OP
S

slowwww

Veteran
Interestingly, I did respond to their email, saying that I was distinctly dis-chuffed and would close my account, and I got a response acknowledging this and wishing me an enjoyable 'rest of day'.

I certainly didn't expect them to prostrate themselves in front of me and beg me to reconsider, but this seeming indifference rather supports the view of a wider malaise at the company..........

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ive had orders cancelled of late and refunded.

But then gone over to crc and hey presto ...odd that their one and the same these days?

Top Bottom