"Wiggle" service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
I've just gone onto the Wiggle website and got myself some goodies purely because I'm the first one in at work and you mentioned it - impulse buy? Oh well... as long as the wife doesn't know :P

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
There is a Wiggle distribution centre by me (in Bilston , by Wolverhampton) . I wonder if they allow you to collect from there ?

Ridgeback63

Regular
I've had a problem with them,just the once tho,mainly down to the couriers (not RM for a change),but I got the impression they were not interested,it was for a suunto ambit 2 and I found it very hard to get in touch with them,I still use them but they are not my first choice any more,if the same item was slightly more expensive at say CRC I would use CRC.

RCITGuy

I've been using Wiggle now for about 18 Months and had no issues at all, but I do find them seriously slow to get returns processed, but then it is free to send stuff back, so that's ok..

I just wish they would let me select multiple items for a return, like Amazon do, rather than 1 return per-item..

Wiggle are never my first choice for anything though, I would choose Evans over any other store.. Local bikes shops all seem clueless or stockless or both, and Evans always seem to have everything, all the time, and you can speak to real humans in store and by phone :-)

I had a problem with them recently after a couple of years of near faultless service.
I bought an Altura Vapour jacket but the stitching on the neoprene cuffs was pretty poor. I contacted customer service and told them that I loved the jacket so I would like either a replacement or the original jacket fixed, they assured me I would receive one or the other.
Unfortunately I never did receive either and was only awarded a refund as the jacket was no longer in stock. I asked for the original back saying I would get it fixed but they would not give me it back. I must add I was offered an alternative but nothing they offered was comparible imo. I'm still miffed by it but I eventually managed to pick one up for a little over £50 on Merlin. I don't use them very much now and find the likes of Merlin to be very good value wise. No free returns and no Haribo but I was suitably put off enough to use other retailers.
I used to have Platinum status but even my gold is about to run out now.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I also had a problem with them recently. The problem was that a description of a component on their website omitted a vital part of information.... so I found out the hard way. I wanted to return the component but they wouldn't take it back as I had used it..... my point was that if the description had not omitted this vital piece of information then I would have looked for something more suitable. No big deal, I'm planning a new build where I might make use of this component.

Now, if there is a company that is in my list of "I won't give them any business again" is Evans. Absolutely terrible experience with them.both times I have purchased from them.....

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Ah, Evans.
I wanted a new cycle helmet and was recommended what looked to be an ideal Specialized helmet on their website.
Having a big head ^_^ I understandably wanted to try it for fit first to save any faffing about (and to make sure it didn't look like a mushroom atop my head...).
Went to my nearest Evans - none on display (fair enough). Asked a member of staff who advised that they didn't carry them in stock but could have one there next day for me to try, with no obligation to buy. Great!
Can you order a white one then please and if you give me a call when it arrives I'll pop in? said I.
Sorry it's only available in black, said he.
No, said I, they are also available in white on your website.
No they're not, said he.
I'm sure they are, said I, could you check?
No, the large helmets are definitely only available in black said he.
Right, I'll leave it then, said I.
I went home, went on the Evans website and ordered a WHITE helmet for delivery to me at work...:rolleyes:
I can recommend the Specialized helmet, but not the in store service :scratch:

Mike_P

Guru
Evans, Halfords etc - any store that has a online presence I always load the web page for whatever I am after so I can wave it at the store staff - always does the trick of resolving the default "we do not stock that" comment which too many shop staff seem to have.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Evans, Halfords etc - any store that has a online presence I always load the web page for whatever I am after so I can wave it at the store staff - always does the trick of resolving the default "we do not stock that" comment which too many shop staff seem to have.
Instead, it just gets you the reply "we do not stock it in this branch" at Half-odds, doesn't it? Then they offer to order it in for you and you get the hell of it's arrive / no it hasn't / we'll call you / no call that is part of the reason I avoid them. Why don't stores realise that being able to check the stock in the local branch(es) is an important feature?

Mike_P

Guru
Instead, it just gets you the reply "we do not stock it in this branch" at Half-odds, doesn't it? Then they offer to order it in for you and you get the hell of it's arrive / no it hasn't / we'll call you / no call that is part of the reason I avoid them. Why don't stores realise that being able to check the stock in the local branch(es) is an important feature?

You can check stock at Halfords online

geopat

Über Member
Having a nightmare with Wiggle. Part order received and they have no idea where Pt 2 is. They said it should have been dispatched with Pt 1 but no sign. One tracking number received from the courier relating to Pt 1 nothing else and it states delivered.

It is really annoying you can't speak to anyone. Now corresponding by Twitter as Customer Service are useless.

Top Bottom