Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steven1988

Veteran
I've spent over a grand with them recently over about 10 parcels and have received ZERO Haribos. I intend to write a strongly worded email to them regarding this tomorrow.

On the flip side when ordering bib shorts for my daughter we got 16 packets for 1 pair of bibs

Sharky

Guru
Note: Be very careful when threading them on, start by hand. One thread is reversed so the thing to remember is when tightening the spanner turns to the rear of the bike, both sides. You’ll need a 15mm.
No! Tighten towards the front, and slacken towards the rear. The pedals will be marked R and L.
Both are right and both wrong.
Just depends on whether the spanner starts at the 12 o'clock position or the 6 o'clock position.

Good morning,
..... Plastic pedals will do me fine for what i need, unfortunately my local halfords has f all in stock, same with evans nothing under £50 which i dont really wanna spend
I would be really cautious of very cheap resin pedals.

I was given a pair as a get you started set on a used bike, I think but am not certain that they came off something like a new Trek or Specialized as the dealer had "draw full of them" and I suspect that were never really intended to be used, they were just there to complete the bike.

They lasted less than few hundred miles and in the process almost damaged an Ultegra 6750 chainring side crank.

These pedals had two problems,

The ball bearings actually squashed, they were that soft.

The outer bearing of the pedals had a cone and piece of metal very like a bottle top pressed into the resin that were the surfaces for ball bearings to run on.

I don't think that the "bottle top" was pressed in perfectly flat in either pedal, which caused the cone to undo, the balls to slide onto and even over the edge of the "bottle top".

On one pedal this was sort of fine, it just became impossible to use.

On the other pedal, chainring side, the increased friction caused the pedal to undo while riding and I couldn't immediately work out what the click was as the pedal rocked in the crank.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Ive done a click and collect on some dmr v6s they will do me for now, i dout i will even do a few hundred miles in a yr!

I only go for 1 or 2 hrs each sat or Sunday morning for a bit of fun/excersise

Cycleops

Legendary Member

Note: Be very careful when threading them on, start by hand. One thread is reversed so the thing to remember is when tightening the spanner turns to the rear of the bike, both sides. You’ll need a 15mm.

No! Tighten towards the front, and slacken towards the rear. The pedals will be marked R and L.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, sorry a senior moment :blush:

gasinayr

Über Member
After getting Haribos with an order I started taking them when going on long runs, strarted feeling strange so went to doctor for check up. Got bloods taken and found to be pre-diabetic due to the sugar content in them, stopped taking them and got bloods taken again, sugar level back to normal. No Haribos for me ! ( and they give them to kids )

Top Bottom