Wiggy's bike is up for auction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I would hang that on the wall!

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
The seller answers that question. He's a working man and could make better use of £10k than drooling over a bike.

An ordinary working man who reads 'The Times'? I realize that it's now a tabloid but I didn't think it had gone that far down-market!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Sky sell all their bikes each year and for a lot less than what being asked for this.
You can still buy the left over ex-team 2011 dogmas for 3k wait until the end of season and you will get the 2012 bikes for about the same.

no wonder the reserve has not been met

Eddie

Sky sell all their bikes each year and for a lot less than what being asked for this.
You can still buy the left over ex-team 2011 dogmas for 3k wait until the end of season and you will get the 2012 bikes for about the same.

no wonder the reserve has not been met

Aye, but it's a bike that Wiggo won the tour on. Not a bike that Luke Rowe rode to 62nd place on the Enenco Tour

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Aye, but it's a bike that Wiggo won the tour on. Not a bike that Luke Rowe rode to 62nd place on the Enenco Tour

What evidence have you got to support your statement that that's a bike Wiggo won the tour on, or even rode in the TDF. You can clearly see the the detailing on the bike is standard Team Sky Blue while the bike Wiggo rode while wearing the Yellow Jersey had Yellow detailing as can be seen below.

Bradley+Wiggins+Le+Tour+de+France+2012+Stage+gK8UxrbRsBXl.jpg

Imho its not a TDF bike which was used while he was in the yellow, its just a random frame which was assigned to Wiggo. Its worth noting the advert make no claim or suggestion that this bike was used in the TDF either and considering the historic nature of such a bike, it would help justify the money being asked for it.
The bike may have simply been a training bike, or warm up bike, If this bike saw active duty in any tour the seller should be aware of which events.

I would even suggest that this was not a bike which has even seen active race duty and the reason for this is the crank. Wiggo never uses DuraAce cranks and rings.. He either uses SRM setup's or osymetric rings. Wiggins also mounts the battery for the Di2 under the frame while the bike for sale has the Di2 Battery in the standard location. The sale bike appears to have Shimano SPD's fitted while Wiggo uses Speedplay Zero pedals and cleats.

Imho its a Dogma which Sky had available for the competition and threw some stickers at it with Brads name on it. There are noticeable differences between that bike and Wiggo's race bikes and you would think if he liked Speedplay pedals enough to race on them, he would train in them as well. I would place money on the ebay bike not having ceramic bearings either.
The Authenticity document simply states that it is a genuine Sky product rather than making any claims regarding who has ridden the bike in question.

Compare that ebay bike to Wiggo's tour bike.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...ins-pinarello-dogma2-a-bike-that-flies_230060

Just been offered wiggins 2011 race bike by Sky for £3700 not inc pedals (£60) or wheels (£700) or cassette. Is it worth buying to sell to some mug on ebay, anyone got £4,500 spare?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've never understood the concept that inaminate objects somehow become magically more valuable by virtue of being used, owned or merely being touched by famous people!

One of the bikes that Pantani used to win the Tour de France did the rounds of bike shops in 1999-2000. I saw it in the window of my LBS and just thought that it was a very small Bianchi, and it had not been cleaned. So what!

Top Bottom