Wiggy's bike is up for auction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I've never understood the concept that inaminate objects somehow become magically more valuable by virtue of being used, owned or merely being touched by famous people!

One of the bikes that Pantani used to win the Tour de France did the rounds of bike shops in 1999-2000. I saw it in the window of my LBS and just thought that it was a very small Bianchi, and it had not been cleaned. So what!

I am of the same opinion. Same with things being signed, unless they signed it to me personally, then it has zero weight at all with me.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Just been offered wiggins 2011 race bike by Sky for £3700 not inc pedals (£60) or wheels (£700) or cassette. Is it worth buying to sell to some mug on ebay, anyone got £4,500 spare?

Got my Team Sky Dogma from the following URL, think the damn things broken though as I still haven't won a major tour.
http://www.goinggoingbike.com/auction/store/Team Sky 2011 Race Bikes?page=1&

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Really surprised to see a 56cm frame being touted as one of Wiggins'. I know the pro's have a thing for 'compact' frames, but it still seems awful small for a guy who's 6' 2" IMO.

According to the blurb on that site, Pinarello's come up large and they advise buying a size a few cm smaller. So it sounds about right considering I am about his height and ride a 58cm frame.

According to the blurb on that site, Pinarello's come up large and they advise buying a size a few cm smaller. So it sounds about right considering I am about his height and ride a 58cm frame.
Hmmm. I very nearly bought a Pinarello a couple of years ago before I got the CAAD. I actually ordered it at Evans. It was the biggest they did at 59cm, but it was too small for me when I tried it :sad:

So deposit refunded, Pina's loss, C'dales gain :thumbsup:

Looks like Wiggos bike as now been sold, (along with the wheels and pedals, appearing in a bay of E near you soon.

nick.b

id do the old switcheroony on the grpset and sell the bike with my ultegra on it and have a nice holiday, 10 grand for a secend hand bike, be mad not to sell it.

Top Bottom