Wild GT 85 questions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kev Deeley

Regular
Apologies for my flippant terminology. When I said "empty a can" I rather meant use the product. GT85 does seem to be in a league of its own where no one seems to have a bad word to say about it. Just wondered if there were any big NO NOs when using it. Ie places where it should NOT be applied ie wheel rims etc.

Kev Deeley

Regular
Oh yeah by a weird coincidence many years ago I was the Worcestershire piano accordion champion 3 years running. Happy days.

Last edited:

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Surprised no one has complicated this thread by mentioning TF2............Oops....I'll go wash my mouth out:laugh:
Still it's my preferred spray lube for intermediate oiling of chains between periodic full cleans and lubes

Apologies for my flippant terminology. When I said "empty a can" I rather meant use the product. GT85 does seem to be in a league of its own where no one seems to have a bad word to say about it. Just wondered if there were any big NO NOs when using it. Ie places where it should NOT be applied ie wheel rims etc.

Definitely don't apply it to wheel rims - same goes for any other mineral oil based product. Don't use it as a mouthwash either...

Crankarm

Guru
When sea fishing you can give your bait a squirt of WD40 and it is a fairly efficient fish attractor and a lot cheaper than the stuff tackle shops sell. GT85 doesn't attract the fish. Totally irrelevant but what the heck!

Probably the next environmental pollution disaster waiting to happen. Remember the Exxon Valdez spillage? Take care.

Crankarm

Guru
Oh yeah by a weird coincidence many years ago I was the Worcestershire piano accordion champion 3 years running. Happy days.

You have certainly had a very full exciting life.

Crankarm

Guru

Yeah anything that falls under the umbrella of cycling. On wheel rims, on or near braking surfaces? Are you for real?

Top Bottom