Wild GT 85 questions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't know what's in it, how different it is, or where it comes from, and I don't care, but it makes my bike shiny and...smells nice man.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I don't know what's in it, how different it is, or where it comes from, and I don't care, but it makes my bike shiny and...smells nice man.

Fair enough. I'm gonna do mine when I get home tomorrow. :biggrin:

BUR70N

2Pure said to use GT85 on my Egg beater pedals, saw that Halfords were doing a deal, but the other day when walking through the local market I saw that the bike stall had a few cans of GT85, £2.50 SOLD!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
GT85 is a lubricant. WD40 is not.

You sure about that :thumbsup::popcorn:

For what is worth I use GT85 to clean most components

D

Deleted member 23692

GT85 will go on wet and "dries" leaving it's teflon coating behind. WD40 will go on wet and stays wet, attracting dust and dirt.
GT85 comes in a red can, so using it will make your bike faster.
GT85 smells much, much nicer, and can be used as splash-on lotion, thereby impressing prospective partners. Using WD40 in the same way will make you smell like a backstreet garage

Both will offer some degree of short term lubrication, but are not lubricants :smile:
Both will work as cleaner/degreasers

Last edited by a moderator:

Crankarm

Guru
Use neither. Instead use chainsaw oil. It is slightly sticky so doesn't fly off the chain when whizzing round, preferably on a chain saw, but is also ideal as lubricant for a bike chain. It is typically £5.99 for one, yes one litre, as opposed to £9.99 for bike lube in a container the same size as a nail varnish bottle or £3 for a can of GT85 or WD40. In contrast to GT85 or WD40 it doesn't go everywhere, stink or act as a cutting agent for you bike's transmission. Typically the period between cleaning and re-lubing is 2 months based on riding 200 miles a week. What's not to like?

Top Bottom