Wild GT 85 questions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Do you use engine de greaser to clean the brake zone of your rims? Mine were a bit slippy a bit back.

I would strongly urge you to do the following:

1) Take your bike to the top of the steepest hill in your vicinity - ideally one with a busy junction at the bottom
2) Coat the braking surfaces of your rims liberally with GT85
3) Begin pedalling down the hill

If you survive, come back to the forum and explain what you have learned.

400bhp

Guru
I would strongly urge you to do the following:

1) Take your bike to the top of the steepest hill in your vicinity - ideally one with a busy junction at the bottom
2) Coat the braking surfaces of your rims liberally with GT85
3) Begin pedalling down the hill

If you survive, come back to the forum and explain what you have learned.

You seriously think I spray GT85 on my rims and then immediately go out for a ride without wiping it down first Black and Yellow?

Crankarm

Guru
Christ - how much oil did you use?

I'm still on a 250ml bottle of dry chain lube and 3-in-1 (for mickling) in over a year.:wacko:

Yeah but you hardly ride your bike. Some of us do actually ride a lot of miles so expensive rubbish bike so called "lubes" are out. I use chain saw oil which is far cheaper and actually stays on the chain for a long time so it doesn't feel as if you are cleaning and re-lubing the whole time.

400bhp

Guru
Yeah but you hardly ride your bike. Some of us do actually ride a lot of miles so expensive rubbish bike so called "lubes" are out. I use chain saw oil which is far cheaper and actually stays on the chain for a long time so it doesn't feel as if you are cleaning and re-lubing the whole time.

7000 miles a year

got GT85 at local aldi recently for £1.40 :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom