Will "ass savers" fit if using a Toepeak wedge bag ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Broken hearted:ohmy:.............I went out wearing my smart new wind proof jacket and GOT SOME MUCKY SPOTS ON IT !!!
Those "ass savers" seem a good idea but looking at the web site I get the impression that they won't fit if I have a saddle bag attached.
Has anyone tried it ?
Failing that I may have to leave my jacket in the wardrobe :rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ass saver will also not stop your jacket from getting mucky. You need full mudguards if you want to keep the back of your jacket clean.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've seen filthy bikes and cyclists with an ass saver

Time for a proper bike with full mudguards

Do the Defy ones fit your bike?

si_c

Guru
Ass savers work ok-ish, on my MTB where I have the seat relatively low compared to the wheel, it works much better. On my road bike, the saddle is way to high and it doesn't work at all. I got a pair of SKS raceblades which work perfectly. Take them off and put them on again in under 5 minutes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Bit fiddly but should work i think..
they do help a bit so worth a try as there cheap..

20160106_140437.jpg

e-rider

crappy member
ass savers wont save your jacket, just your ass, hence the name

also they don't fit all saddles - as I found out! Depends on the rail shape and design of the rear of the saddle, although having said that, they will bodge on to most saddles

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
IMG_20151101_1302553992.jpg

I've got whatever the Planet X version is called and swapped it between bikes till I put the Road Racer 2's on the road bike.
You'll see it above on the hybrid (with Topeak bag underneath) as the Crud guard doesn't quite stop spray coming up off the back wheel if it gets a bit messy. I still get muddy, but not as bad as I used to.

Simple answer - it will work up to a point, but if you like clean clothing then the only answer is full mudguards..

Last edited:
Top Bottom