Wimbledon starts today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
You'll need it: rain is a certainty.

Davidc

Guru
It's that time of year when I need to:

Get the brolly out
Have my raincoat ready
Delete BBC1 and BBC2 from the TV channel lists.
Retune preset 5 on each of my radios to something else
Not buy a newspaper for a fortnight
Go for long, sometimes very long, bike rides if it isn't raining in London.

OK I'll probably watch some of it, but I do get fed up with the massive over-kill from the media. IMO Tennis is good as a participation sport, much less so as a spectator one.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member

Get the brolly out
Have my raincoat ready
Go for long, sometimes very long, bike rides if it isn't raining

I do all that whenever the atrocious 'Big Brother' is on TV. I wish a Winston Smith could erase it from history. If I foolishly read a newspaper during the 'time of mental cruelty' and am daft enough to be intrigued by a headline and then subsequently discover it refers to something about 'Big Brother', I want to gouge my eyes out. When I begin my new religion, I will ensure 'Big Brother' is denounced as the great evil!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Get the brolly out
Have my raincoat ready
Go for long, sometimes very long, bike rides if it isn't raining in London.

You forgot going down to the Nuclear Bunker. I can't stand Tennis or W*******n either, and what makes it even worse for me is all that bloody grunting and groaning they all do!!
To me, anyone who does that should be tasered on the spot!

'UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!' ZAAAPPPPPP!!!!

You are hitting a TENNIS BALL, not lugging heavy furniture about!!
Yes, I am aware that a taser will probably make them groan even more, but at least that is in pain.

I do all that whenever the atrocious 'Big Brother' is on TV. I wish a Winston Smith could erase it from history. If I foolishly read a newspaper during the 'time of mental cruelty' and am daft enough to be intrigued by a headline and then subsequently discover it refers to something about 'Big Brother', I want to gouge my eyes out. When I begin my new religion, I will ensure 'Big Brother' is denounced as the great evil!

Err, didn't they end it anyway??

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hope it doesn't rain...

article-1172429-00F4967400000191-809_634x428.jpg

Flyer5

But - from the other perspective .... No doubt me and mrs will have to put up with numerous wimbledon season only non tennis playing tennis players running on our court to retrieve thier balls with the usual sorry its harder than it looks remarks.... And wow dont you hit the ball hard ... Etc.
Roll on 4 weekes when the novelty wears off!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But - from the other perspective .... No doubt me and mrs will have to put up with numerous wimbledon season only non tennis playing tennis players running on our court to retrieve thier balls with the usual sorry its harder than it looks remarks.... And wow dont you hit the ball hard ... Etc.
Roll on 4 weekes when the novelty wears off!!
Yes, that's when the Tour-de-France-watching July cyclists come out isn't it! ;)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I'm pleased to announce it's p*ssing it down in SW20 :rain: This is all because of the tennis!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Look on the bright side; no CJ!

*Rolls eyes patronisingly a la CJ*

Yes, good point, he's nowhere near as good as the others. I just watch it for the questions and to learn things though.
Actually, is it just me, or does that other guy, Barry, always look as though he needs a good bath?

*/Rolls eyes patronisingly a la CJ*

Top Bottom