winter glove recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
I know that winters nearly over but these last 2 mornings commute at 0600 have left my fingertips numb and this morning they were quite painful.It took a while to get feeling and articulation back.I have some altura ones at the moment that used to be waterproof and windproof but to be honest they are knocking on a bit and are no longer either.
What are your recommendations? based on experience not sales blurb.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Get some cheap ski glove liners about £5 from Sports Direct. Wear them under your altura and it should help

ACS

Legendary Member
I use Endure Deluge gloves when the temperatures fall to freezing and below. If it gets really cold I use Altura merino wool liners. Have used this combination at temperatures as low as -10 without issue. When they get old and a bit washed out they can be used as intermediate gloves for temperatures bordering on freezing but not quite.

The makers claim that the are waterproof. They are very water resistant but not waterproof. What I have discovered that if the gloves get soaked, really wet, they keep your hands warm. Its not very nice pulling on wet gloves on a cold day, but wet and warm is bearable.

See this link https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/winter-gloves-recommended.186013/

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I bought some Gore windstopper gloves-IMHO they are fantastic and my hands haven't been atall cold.
To be honest on most days they are too warm....

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Cheap silk liner gloves for me, less than a fiver on eBay and they work a treat.

kiriyama

I got bought some aldı ones. Can't have been much money but they work just as well as any expensive pair iv ever owned. -3 this morning and my hand were toasty. They also have a nice soft fleecy bit on the thumb which is perfect for wiping snot off your cold dribbley face!

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
This winter I invested £30 in a pair of neoprene Castellu Diluvio's. Commute every day regardless of weather. 9 days out of 10 my hands are toasty to the point of sweaty. Really cold days I put a thinning pair of sports gloves underneath. Perfect.

Great gloves, incredibly stretchy and comfy, great feel etc. A good investment.

image.jpeg

Top Bottom