Winter Hack (edited title)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
I have seen this in facebay kinda think it may be too good, as it’s on for £200.

What’s the Specialized sizing like? I’m just over 6ft.

I was looking for a winter hack but hmm this has me tempted.

Attachments

• 926328A7-725B-4FB2-9548-F3E0DCD7307B.png
    926328A7-725B-4FB2-9548-F3E0DCD7307B.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 45
  • A6C5C437-41ED-4731-BDB2-BCFAB61F8A9B.png
    A6C5C437-41ED-4731-BDB2-BCFAB61F8A9B.png
    146 KB · Views: 45

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Find a specialized home page and look. It will explain about sizing.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Really depends on the frame type. That's a sloping top tube. I'm the same size as you and my Specialized is a Large. That's a XL so you might just be ok but possibly a bit stretched, easily sorted with a different stem.
You really need to try it so you can give it the 'crown jewels' test but you should be okay with the sloping tube.

Looks like a older carbon frame so you need to check it over very thoroughly. Does seem suspiciously cheap, also check it for wear in the usual places.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Looks like an ex demo 2009/10 model Tarmac (the purple stripe detail was a different colour way to the production model of those years and Specialized used it for both 2009 & 10).
It’s always best to sit on a bike before you buy but you should be OK with a 58cm frame. If you feel you are over reaching then fit a shorter stem.

**zoom in above the size label, it could be my screen but make sure that is not a crack!

If in decent condition £200 is a steal for a carbon framed Tarmac.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Looks like an ex demo 2009/10 model Tarmac (the purple stripe detail was a different colour way to the production model of those years and Specialized used it for both 2009 & 10).
It’s always best to sit on a bike before you buy but you should be OK with a 58cm frame. If you feel you are over reaching then fit a shorter stem.

**zoom in above the size label, it could be my screen but make sure that is not a crack!

If in decent condition £200 is a steal for a carbon framed Tarmac.

It could be a crack, on the other pictures there are loads of cobwebs over the cranks it could be some dirty web.

It’s Ultegra spec as well, so for £200 I’m a little dubious of issues.

I will go and try it out and see how I feel.

vickster

Legendary Member
It could be a crack, on the other pictures there are loads of cobwebs over the cranks it could be some dirty web.

It’s Ultegra spec as well, so for £200 I’m a little dubious of issues.

I will go and try it out and see how I feel.
Ask to see proof of ownership if at all possible, although it is an older bike

Top Bottom