winter lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
I had a dynamo hub wheel built by Spa Cycles about 2 years ago & it was one of the best cycling related purchases I have made. Its a shimano hub (not sure what model) & was about £80 built up iirc & is still running strong & true now. I use a B & M lumotec cyo IQ, also from Spa, currently £75 & it is bright enough to light up unlit country roads HTH
What he said, but I built the wheel myself.

The Shimano DN-3N80 is a decent dyno hub, again cheaper from Germany!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have stored it either in the house when not using it or on the bike when in use, wouldnt say its been mistreated and the mounting system with the O ring is just useless :cursing: Only want 1 or two lights which mount higher than the brake cables and give decent enough light to see where im going :ohmy:
Its more the voltage that the battery is stored at , 75 % of max charge is about right if i remember right.I use a mount from another light with a QR lever .

cyberknight

cyberknight

Sounds like a lot of hassle for a battery, would the batteries that come with the below light be the same or better?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fluxient-...s&hash=item43b28ff791&clk_rvr_id=376318969229
The same.
Not much hassle really , the charge lasts months so all you have to do for maximum battery life is to charge it and leave it in the garage/shed .I find all rechargeables lose power if not kept charged regulary but offer the most cost efficient way to power lights .

Col5632

Guru
The same.
Not much hassle really , the charge lasts months so all you have to do for maximum battery life is to charge it and leave it in the garage/shed .I find all rechargeables lose power if not kept charged regulary but offer the most cost efficient way to power lights .

I think the problem i have is i have no way of knowing what charge is in the battery, the charger and light dont come with any indicator except a light on each saying if it needs charged or not :wacko:

Considering getting these for the winter, would you recommend them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twin-Torc...isure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item43b284dc2b

Top Bottom