Wood burners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
How often do you have to rake it out and clean it?

I tend to clean it every couple of days. Just a case of taking some of the ash out, and cleaning the glass. It takes about 5 minutes

welsh dragon

Is that using it all day?

Sounds a bit too much like hard work after the novelty's worn off. :smile:

Yes. I use it all day. I don't have central heating here, the fire heats the whole house. And for you it would he too much trouble.

stephec

Legendary Member
Yes. I use it all day. I don't have central heating here, the fire heats the whole house. And for you it would he too much trouble.
Has it got heating pipes connected to it, or is it strong enough that you just leave all the doors oopen and the heat radiates?

welsh dragon

Has it got heating pipes connected to it, or is it strong enough that you just leave all the doors oopen and the heat radiates?

You don't leave the doors open. Keep them closed, and the heat builds up. The fire itself acts as a radiator.

stephec

Legendary Member
I don't know about that . I wouldn't buy a house with out a chimney so I could have some kind of fire .
I've got a chimney with a gas fire/back boiler that's not being used, I'm tempted to replace that.

I just don't fancy shelling out nearly a grand for something I might not like.

stephec

Legendary Member
You don't leave the doors open. Keep them closed, and the heat builds up. The fire itself acts as a radiator.
I meant the doors round the house, does the heat waft its way round?

welsh dragon

I've got a chimney with a gas fire/back boiler that's not being used, I'm tempted to replace that.

You do have to put some work into it, as I said, chopping wood, and storing it, as well as cleaning it.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

I wish I still had a back boiler , free hot water from the fire ! Someone ripped it out before I got here :angry:
I love my open fire although that takes cleaning also . I fitted it myself so the only cost was the cast iron fire surround .

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Here's mine a couple of days ago.
16038447595_00c7978b8d_b.jpg

Burning a Copper Beech we had cut down about a year ago.

Top Bottom