World Champs Road Races - SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Do you think people will finally stop saying that Cavendish is useless without his big leadout train?

Get in. :biggrin:

Orange

Whenever you think he's blown it, he's too far back, he's left it too late, he's boxed in, they are all working against him - somehow he finds a way and gets there in the last few seconds.

Brilliant... but he doesn't do anything for your heart rate!
:biggrin:

Stephenite

Membå
I like it how he says "We did it!" in an interview with one of the scandinavian channels.

Lots of emphasis on the team, and bringing the jersey to Britain. Great!

Hip Priest

Veteran
What give it to a bloody cyclist? Most Brits would rather vote for a second rate petrol head. Who incidentally managed a predictable 2nd place in Singapore.

Eh? Chris Hoy won it in Lewis Hamilton's championship year, so there's clearly no need to feel so bitter.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
So. Cavendish can't win without a train. He can't sprint uphill. He is arrogant.

All wrong.

If that win and the gracious manner of his post-race interviews don't convince the doubters, nothing will.

The podium also reflected quite accurately who the current rising powers in world cycling are: Britain, Australia and Germany (and all showed very strong teamwork in this race). All of whom have got there by investing heavily in long-term development programmes, including a strong track element.

So I guess that also puts paid to another myth - that investing in track success will not lead to success on the road.

Above all it was just an insane finale. I don't know how anyone had any idea where they were or who was with them or going or anything... a great race.

TVC

To top it all, Millar is tweeting that he and Wiggins are good mates again.

Inspiring result from the best athletes in Britain.

Top Bottom