World Snooker Championship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the commentators referred to Mark last night as one of the game's most underrated players - by the public at least.

You don't win the World Champs four times, finish runner up twice, win the Masters three times and the UK twice without being damn good. He does come across as aloof sometimes, and he's not as flamboyant as some, but then again, there have been problems off the table which a lot of people seem to ignore.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You don't win the World Champs four times, finish runner up twice, win the Masters three times and the UK twice without being damn good. He does come across as aloof sometimes, and he's not as flamboyant as some, but then again, there have been problems off the table which a lot of people seem to ignore.
Sports professionals can't win. Stay quiet and they're up themselves and lacking personality, be outgoing and they ought to shut up and know their place.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think the commentators referred to Mark last night as one of the game's most underrated players - by the public at least.

We've really enjoyed the tournament, and the final was was good viewing too, especially as Selby fought back a it. Was really pleased he got his 147, he was flamboyant enough straight after that, playing the crowd up. :laugh:

As you say you don't have 6 world finals and 4 wins without being a decent player over a long period of time!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He’s won £7.5million in prize money. Making him the 4th most successful player in history in financial terms.

Did anyone watch the World Seniors?

Thoroughly enjoyable seeing guys like Tony Knowles and Tony Drago back on the baize, along with Ken Doherty and Stephen Hendry. Ken was trying to be the first player to have won the world amateur, the world professional and the world senior.

In the end, it was Jimmy White who picked up his fourth World Senior title, beating Alfie Burden 5-3 in the final.

albion

Guru
Sports professionals can't win. Stay quiet and they're up themselves and lacking personality, be outgoing and they ought to shut up and know their place.

Lots going on this year. Plenty of oldies are hinting about retirement so it kind of hints that China will be doing a Major league soccer type thing.
Unless it is sympathy talk.

The winner, I cannot decide between Trump and O'Sullivan.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes I've been enjoying it. I haven't followed the world champs for about 5 years but this year I made a point of trying to follow/watch as much as I can (work permitting). O'Sullivan looks on good form; not my favourite player but you can't argue how easy he makes it look. If he plays as well as he did in the last match against Page. Some of the other favourites looked shaky at times (Trump) and of course some have already gone out. nice to see John Higgins playing well, I think there is a lot of new blood but don't count the veterans out yet :smile:

Top Bottom