Would any of you snap this up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wlc1

A friend of mine brought a new spec allez elite 2 months ago for £800.

His intention was to commute to work with me/on own.

He has decided that it's not for him and with 280 odd miles ridden he wants rid of it and has offered it to me at about £450.

I have said I am interested.

Sounds like a result... would you lot part with the cash ? Cos it seems like a no brainer to me.

Downward

Guru
Yeah 280 miles is nothing is it and nearly half the price

OP
OP
wlc1

wlc1

It's mint. The only problem is that;s it's red and white and all my kit is black and yellow and white.

Never mind... I'll have to go shopping for some gear with red in. Shame!!!! :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
wlc1 said:
It's mint. The only problem is that;s it's red and white and all my kit is black and yellow and white.

Never mind... I'll have to go shopping for some gear with red in. Shame!!!! :biggrin:

Its a rough life... :smile:

yello

IF I was after a(nother) bike...
IF it was the right size...
IF I had the cash...

THEN yes I would

OTHERWISE...

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Personally I could get a couple of really good classic lightweight hand built bikes for that sort of money that will increase in value. Tell him to stick it on ebay or put it as part ex on another more suitable bike. I find these modern bikes as bland and insipid as a plastic theme pub.

yello

You're a bit of a misery aren't you Ludwig? I suggest you go out for a ride. The world does seem a much less serious place to be afterwards.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ludwig said:
Personally I could get a couple of really good classic lightweight hand built bikes for that sort of money that will increase in value. Tell him to stick it on ebay or put it as part ex on another more suitable bike. I find these modern bikes as bland and insipid as a plastic theme pub.
You've got a beard and crooked teeth, haven't you?

Zoiders

Ludwig said:
Yes you could

I myself own a classic, but I wouldnt want to be riding it on salted winter roads as I like it rust free

The Spesh on the other hand would give no such qualms, its modern, it doesnt rust, parts are available off the shelf in any shop

Buy it and commute all winter on it

OP
OP
wlc1

wlc1

As from this morning the bike is mine. And yes the correct size.

Result.

Just one question - why does the wife insist that I don't need another bike....I only have 2 now ( and a winter bike from ribble is looking a rather good option).

I can say that I am well and truly hooked. :biggrin:

Top Bottom