Would you buy and wear a strangers bike shorts?

Would you buy and wear a strangers bike shorts?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Interestingly, you didn't say how you got in touch with this lady....! ;-)
I'm an amatuer photography that did some fashion portfolio shots of her when she started out. Kept in touch with her for a while till she went too 'extreme'.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
While I don't mind used clothing that can get a good wash, I wouldn't buy used padded cycling gear, I feel the padding too much bacteria.
Like a pillow or duvet, if you wash it too hot it becomes lumpy, so what's the point?
I don't like using public toilets either, but needs must :laugh:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
While I don't mind used clothing that can get a good wash, I wouldn't buy used padded cycling gear, I feel the padding too much bacteria.
Like a pillow or duvet, if you wash it too hot it becomes lumpy, so what's the point?
I don't like using public toilets either, but needs must :laugh:

there's a point there - when you go to a hotel you happily sleep i (hopefully clean) secondhand bedsheets used by probably hundreds of people and likely seen some actio

vickster

Legendary Member
While wearing clothes. I personally don't sleep naked in a hotel room ever

It's not the same as putting ones's genital mucus membranes against a pad where the genital mucus membranes and bodily excretions of a stranger have potentially festered for many hours pressed and sweating against a plastic covered bike saddle xx(

But if someone else is happy to do that so they can wear second hand castelli or Rapha, that's their prerogative

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
there's a point there - when you go to a hotel you happily sleep i (hopefully clean) secondhand bedsheets used by probably hundreds of people and likely seen some actio
I don't like much sleeping in hotels either: the bedding I don't mind if it's clean, but the mattress ... uhmm ...
Few months ago, on tour, sleeping in a youth hostel, the duvet was stained.
I didn't use it, slept on top of the sheets xx(

Profpointy

Legendary Member
While wearing clothes. I personally don't sleep naked in a hotel room ever

It's not the same as putting genital mucus membranes against a pad where the genital mucus membranes and bodily excretions of a stranger have potentially festered for many hours pressed and sweating against a bike saddle xx(

I refer the honourable lady to my post on hotel bedding

vickster

Legendary Member
I refer the honourable lady to my post on hotel bedding
And I refer the honourable gentleman to the post he has quoted. My nether regions don't go unclothed against bedding in a hotel room, nor will they against second hand cycling shorts

Nor do I stay in cheap fleapit hotels...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
And I refer the honourable gentleman to the post he has quoted. My nether regions don't go unclothed against bedding in a hotel room, nor will they against second hand cycling shorts

Nor do I stay in cheap fleapit hotels...

never stayed away for a romantic weekend then?

Anyhow, i do expect the sheets to be clean in any hotel above flea-pit grade, and likewise would stick 2nd hand shorts in the wash if I were to buy some

U

User33236

Anyone recall the episode in series 16 of Top Gear when they bought second hand cars and took them to a forensics lab?

One allegedly had all sorts of body matter contamination!

sanddancer

Good call on the hotel beds.
so some people are disgusted at wearing washed hardly used shorts that they would wash themselves before use yet are happy to put their face on a pillow they dont know where has been ? :biggrin:

Straying slightly from the subject but kind of related - Would you wear a pair of shorts/leggings for two days in a row without washing them?

Top Bottom