Would you buy and wear a strangers bike shorts?

Would you buy and wear a strangers bike shorts?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
They
Underwear, no. And I wouldn't expect a child to be sick on those.
And I wouldn't give anyone my used underwear to wear either
I don't need to buy used clothes, so I don't and wouldn't. I might consider a jacket, but anything worn next to the skin, nope.
They were sitting on my lap at the time and a good half hour walk from my house and yes I needed to change my clothes.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
i've happily bought used clothes in the past and would do so still. Only sold (hardly worn & washed clean I might add) cycle trousers but wouldn't have a problem buying em. Have a few pairs of lightly worn 2nd hand shoes - at a considerable saving on the 300+ a nice pair of Crockett's cost

U

User33236

Remember the olden days in school ?
The most important thing was to remember your PE kit to save wearing the crispy old spares the teacher would hand you :biggrin:
I managed to avoid PE by opting for German and Latin lessons instead ^_^

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Depends on the circumstances. If it had been worn a few times and 'like new' then I dont see why not. Save a few bob, stick it in the wash a few times and put the kettle on.

If its been well worn in then thats an entirely different situation altogether. Its like trying to sell a ripped and torn £300 cycling jacket or jersey at near enough full price because of the brand name and it costing the original owner £300 "worn only a few times...."

You'd be surprised How often i find broken or dead PC or audio hardware on ebay selling for near enough original RRP.

You can message the seller and tell him the price is ludicrous and nobody will buy it and he'll probably hit back saying he's targeting the people with a degree in electrical engineering who can fix the hardware.... Alrighty then... GLWS!!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It's a decision that I'll defer until I don't have any of my own and can't afford a new pair of £25 undershorts. I'll stick to wearing my own until then.

Julia9054

Guru
Would never wear second hand shorts of the type that you wear commando.
Much of the rest of my cycling gear is second hand though - you can pick up really nice stuff on eBay for little money.
Currently wearing a gorgeously wam and soft merino wool base layer - arrived in the post yesterday, looks and feels like new and cost me £4.99 including postage.

Mrs M

Guru
I sold all my horse riding gear on Scot ads and in the local tack shop.
I got cash for what was just going in the bin.
I only sold clean, unmarked gear, some of it barely used for a fraction of what it all cost.
If it was less than perfect it got binned.
It was perfect but I wouldn't have bought it myself.

U

User33236

I know a female (a model I worked with before she got into 'adult'!) who sells worn , unwashed, under garmets on eBay! Gets round their rules by posting images of her wearing said garments on Twitter with link to eBay auction.

Some extrwmely weird folk out there!

U

User33236

Probably, but just pointing out that people go from one extreme to the other. There are germophones at one end and whatever you describe to label them as at the other. Me? I sit somewhere nearer to the germophobe end lol.

Top Bottom