Would you buy and wear a strangers bike shorts?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

earlestownflya

I don't know about you, but I don't ride my bike naked, there's material between my skin and the saddle. That is not the case with cycling bottoms worn commando. And all my bikes have saddles new to me, even the second hand one ;)
well....wines been drunk...and things have happened:shy:

OP
OP
RCITGuy

RCITGuy

Interesting to see how many seem perfectly happy to pull on the tight figure hugging extreme sweating, bacteria and chamois cream absorbing undergarments of a stranger yet wouldnt wear a strangers boxers (Which would never have been subjected to such extreme usage)

earlestownflya

Interesting to see how many seem perfectly happy to pull on the tight figure hugging extreme sweating, bacteria and chamois cream absorbing undergarments of a stranger yet wouldnt wear a strangers boxers (Which would never have been subjected to such extreme usage)
i don't know...i had an extreme case of the sh*ts once...they sure got a work out

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Speak for yourself.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm fascinated by the "nests" that I come across. Some of them are almost works of art and must have used up a fair amount of Finland's timber to construct. I half expect to see flocks of giant albatrosses emerging from the stalls, closely followed by David Attenborough. I must get to the bottom of this....

i wet a paper hand towel from the dispenser and squirt a bit of anti bac' soap on it, then wipe the bog seat before use.

sanddancer

I'm not convinced washing at 30 actually gets cycle kit to a like new standard. I don't want to be wearing clothes next to my skin that have potentially been soaked in a strangers bodily fluids, or indeed anyone else's bodily fluids

I hand wash my kit.
Very hot water soak
drain and add handwash then fill with warm/hot water..
wash.
rinse and rinse again with hot.
no colour loss or abrasion with clear hot water but kills bacteria.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
What exactly is going to happen to you if you place your buttocks on a "non-personalised" lavatory seat? Will you catch flu or syphilis or AIDs? Will your bum break out with pustules and boils, and spread them in a hateful contagion to your loved ones?
I want to know what you believe. Where can I buy shares in "anti-microbial" personal hygiene products, BTW?

sanddancer

What exactly is going to happen to you if you place your buttocks on a "non-personalised" lavatory seat? Will you catch flu or syphilis or AIDs? Will your bum break out with pustules and boils, and spread them in a hateful contagion to your loved ones?
I want to know what you believe. Where can I buy shares in "anti-microbial" personal hygiene products, BTW?

I just put a few sheets down . It saves the cold seat.
the worst thing is my todger dangling in the water :biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Those who wouldn't wear a strangers clothing? What about a friend's? There are a couple of times when I've been lent clothing by friend such as turning up and discovering we were going to go mountain biking, or when one of my children were sick all over me. The people who are worried about germs really ought not to leave their homes, because germs are everywhere, and most frequently spread around by us on our hands.

blackgoff

- My arse...

Sorry, I'll get my coat...

:tongue:

Tho I did once wear an ex gf's Dad's shoes (technical story) he wasn't best pleased...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
As @summerdays said, we have all gone a bit bonkers about "germs". An otherwise perfectly intelligent friend told me that she would never use a hand drier in a public lavatory. She said that she couldn't bear having the air blown through other peoples hair. I asked her what she was talking about...." All those pubic airs get sucked up into the air inlet". There really is no limit to the human imagination.

vickster

Legendary Member
Those who wouldn't wear a strangers clothing? What about a friend's? There are a couple of times when I've been lent clothing by friend such as turning up and discovering we were going to go mountain biking, or when one of my children were sick all over me. The people who are worried about germs really ought not to leave their homes, because germs are everywhere, and most frequently spread around by us on our hands.
Underwear, no. And I wouldn't expect a child to be sick on those.
And I wouldn't give anyone my used underwear to wear either
I don't need to buy used clothes, so I don't and wouldn't. I might consider a jacket, but anything worn next to the skin, nope.

Top Bottom