Would you evict your children?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowwww

Veteran
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44215648

Now I love my daughters to bits, and am already starting to worry about them leaving home (they're 14 and 12).

But what if they don't? What if their teenage indifference to tidying-up and generally being helpful at home isn't just a 'phase', and they're still with us in 20 years, still doing eff-all to assist? What if I cease to adore them and then regard them as blood-sucking parasites?

What if my simply sitting around dressed only in skanky pants won't prompt them to leave?

<<worried>>

I'd drop the skanky pants if I were you.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The fact that you are worried usually means that they will turn out fine and will leave home when they have a job or not long after.

IME it's a case of encouraging them to help out from an early age, so they become used to it. They will never like it, but that's the whole point. Having a sense of purpose will make them want to explore the outside world, and be motivated to do so. I've seen many "depressed" 20 somethings who simply have no motivation because everything is too much like hard work, and there comes a point of no return when they can't face leaving home to be an adult.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have acted for elderly parents forced to take eviction proceedings against abusive children before. It is heartbreaking for them but the children bring it on themselves. With house prices nowadays people are extending their homes to accommodate daughter/her partner & children..

My 14 yr old can't wait to cast loose & move out, my 17 yr old seems to be happy at home. As for the 7 yr old who knows !!

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t be foolish enough to have them in the first place :whistle:

Top Bottom