Would you evict your children?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Playing reveille on a tuba at 5am and shouting out them to get outside for a 5 mile march at 180ppm, followed by 200 press ups and an hour of drill practice soon gives them the incentive they need to go find their own gaff. Damn 12 year olds, don't know they're born.

My youngest would think that was just a warm up and ask when the real stuff was going to start.

Julia9054

Guru
My youngest would think that was just a warm up and ask when the real stuff was going to start.
And mine would both be able to play reveille on a tuba

Sandra6

Veteran
I don't want my children living at home into their twenties, never mind their thirties.
I did "evict" my eldest son in a sense. He split up with a girlfriend and we, naturally, welcomed him back home, but he was lazy, disrespectful and downright disruptive so we told him to shape up or get out - he chose to leave, but if he had continued along that particular path his belongings would have been on the path outside.
I think it's only right to raise your children to be self sufficient and indpendent enough to want to leave home. That's the plan, and it's working fairly well, so far three have flown the nest, one is currently planning to leave and the other two will hopefully have followed suit in the next five years or so.

Top Bottom