Would you queue for McDonalds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Mucky D coffee is shyte @Drago ..

Jimidh

Veteran
No because the handful of times I have visited McDs for my own satisfaction has been staggering home from social engagements!!

Quite enjoying not having to go near the place to pick up my weekly Friday night order for chicken nuggets for my 13 year old daughter.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
All this means to me is seeing those brown paper bags,with the contents spilling out back on the roads and pavements again! :thumbsdown:This lock down has had its good points. No McDonalds brown bags,no vomit on the pavement due to pubs being shut and no pizza boxes dumped on the pavement,with a few slices left in because the greedy feckers eyes are greedier than their bellies.

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't mind an occasional Maccy D, maybe once a month or two....but no, i wouldn't queue like the recent stories have highlighted.
But i know people who would, without question.

It is sad in a way, similar to reading this morning that online gambling sites have seen a huge increase in customers in the UK. That really is sad, i would feel better giving my money away rather than into the coffers of those kind of institutions. (i have no problem with traditional gambling, a punt once in a while on the horses or similar but online bugs me for some reason i can't fathom)

gbb

Legendary Member
All this means to me is seeing those brown paper bags,with the contents spilling out back on the roads and pavements again! :thumbsdown:This lock down has had its good points. No McDonalds brown bags,no vomit on the pavement due to pubs being shut and no pizza boxes dumped on the pavement,with a few slices left in because the greedy feckers eyes are greedier than their bellies.
Amen to that.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mucky D coffee is shyte @Drago ..

It is. xx(

JPBoothy

Veteran
I don't mind an occasional Maccy D, maybe once a month or two....but no, i wouldn't queue like the recent stories have highlighted.
But i know people who would, without question.

It is sad in a way, similar to reading this morning that online gambling sites have seen a huge increase in customers in the UK. That really is sad, i would feel better giving my money away rather than into the coffers of those kind of institutions. (i have no problem with traditional gambling, a punt once in a while on the horses or similar but online bugs me for some reason i can't fathom)
Because it's too easy for people to get themselves into some serious debt through boredom,especially when fuelled on alcohol if they have just staggered in from a pub/club.. Yes, I accept that it is their own choice to make and money to spend but, sometimes a slight bit of inconvenience (restricted opening hours, no on-line service etc..) can be a good thing as it gives us that extra bit of time to re-think our initial impulsiveness and possibly avoid doing something that we may regret afterwards IMO.

Jody

Stubborn git
I worked at McD's 20 years ago when I was at college and eating it every shift put me off it. I might have 1 a year (if that)

Must have been a 50+ car queue for our local KFC when I went past the other night. I don't begrudge the people for doing it but I wouldn't waste that long. Might as well cook a nice meal at home.

Reactions: gbb

JPBoothy

Veteran
I worked at McD's 20 years ago when I was at college and eating it every shift put me off it. I might have 1 a year (if that)

Must have been a 50+ car queue for our local KFC when I went past the other night. I don't begrudge the people for doing it but I wouldn't waste that long. Might as well cook a nice meal at home.
Especially when you pass the point of no return in the queue and the muffled voice says "sorry, but we haven't got any of those today because the machine is broken/being cleaned" and then you just have to sit in a long snaking queue for nothing because there is no escape lane! My kids don't even ask for a Milkshake any longer as the machine in our local is constantly being cleaned. Why don't they do the machine cleaning at night, or have a back-up machine so that one can always be in use and therefore making money?

Top Bottom