Would you queue for McDonalds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
What a miserable bunch of snobs. if a fast food outing is what people like, doesnt it say what normal is for them? This place is so out of touch with reality.
Not really fast food is it, with those queues? If I was in a super-posh restaurant and had to wait that long, I wouldn't be happy.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I wouldn't queue for one either. In fact i would go for something more up market such as a Rustlers Burger. 🍔💯
🤮

sheddy

Legendary Member
Would this be the same drivethrough takeaway that refuse to serve cyclists ?

BTW, do they serve motorcyclists ?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
What a miserable bunch of snobs. if a fast food outing is what people like, doesnt it say what normal is for them? This place is so out of touch with reality.
WTF? Snobs? Miserable? :laugh: Fine; if people's lives revolve around a POS burger to the extent that they want to queue for hours - it's their time. But don't defend the sad nobbers. When it gets to the point that their behaviour affects other people, then we are perfectly within our rights to have a go at them, otherwise they aren't going to realise that they are being selfish, are they? OK, they probably don't give a sh1t, but that's another issue.
My original point is, that when they start blocking lanes on a roundabout, and access roads surrounding their precious McD's, then they need to be put right and told to GTF and stop being so feckin stupid!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's not really about what food they're buying. Yes I used to eat McD every month or so, it's ok in moderation. It's more about queuing in cars whilst covid is going on. They're not queuing for exercise, nor to meet a single fmaily member, nor for essential food shops. It's just sitting there blocking roads and polluting for a very minor "want", not a need

Gunk

Guru
I wouldn't eat that filth if you paid me; let alone queue for the priviledge.

Purveyors of nasty diabetes / obesity-fuel who seek to profit from the lazyness and short-term-gratification-seeking behaviour of brainwashed sugar-addicted muppets; off the back of factory farming, wage slaves and general corporate scumbaggery...

Everything you say I can completely agree with but very occasionally I do like a quarter pounder with cheese. :evil:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's not really about what food they're buying. Yes I used to eat McD every month or so, it's ok in moderation. It's more about queuing in cars whilst covid is going on. They're not queuing for exercise, nor to meet a single fmaily member, nor for essential food shops. It's just sitting there blocking roads and polluting for a very minor "want", not a need
Good; someone else has actually read other posts before crashing in with how nasty it is to criticise these poor people who are only after a burger!

JPBoothy

Veteran
Oh completely. My next door neighbour is in his 70s. His Mother just passed away in her mid 90s but up until she shuffled off she would insist he drove her to the coast every single bank holiday "for a nice ride out".
I pointed out to him that they were both long since retired, and could choose literally any nice day of the week and enjoy less traffic than the hell that is bank holidays. I asked him if his Mum ever noted the hellish traffic jams and said anything akin to "oh, hang on, this traffic is awful isn't i, it's no longer a nice ride out like it was in 1949".

"Yes she says exactly that" he said, "but she insists on the bank holiday because that's just what she's always done. It's a tradition".

Utterly f*cking crackers, some people.
Ha Ha, my wife and I always look at the news in disbelief whenever we have a really hot day and they show the same photos (well they look the same) of Bournemouth and Brighton beaches with people crammed on shoulder to shoulder.. Virus or no Virus, who on earth wants to do that?

Gunk

Guru

Didn’t you know that everyone on the forum is mortgage free, has a final salary pension, A six figure sum in savings, repairs their own bikes, builds their own wheels, grows their own veg, and cooks every meal from scratch!

postman

Legendary Member
I kid you not i got an e mail from Costa just last week. Telling me they had a Costa Express open if i wanted one.It was a suburb of London 170 plus miles away.They even told me it was 3 hours 50 mins away. i was in a funny mood that morning so i let rip with a caustic e mail. I got a reply from their American HQ .

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I kid you not i got an e mail from Costa just last week. Telling me they had a Costa Express open if i wanted one.It was a suburb of London 170 plus miles away.They even told me it was 3 hours 50 mins away. i was in a funny mood that morning so i let rip with a caustic e mail. I got a reply from their American HQ .
:laugh:

Top Bottom