Would you rather be sliced up or lasered? Or have a frayed braked cable shoved up you?

Do you expect me to talk?

• Slice & dice

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Frickin' laser beams

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Nobber

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Shiny fun new toy

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I find myself in a situation where I am required to make a decision between either being sliced up or having lasers stuck in me. The slicing up option involves being put to sleep and more pain, so probably better drugs and more time off work. The lasering still requires an amount of slicing, but means I get to stay awake and watch, plus it uses lasers which are all futuristic and cool, and I'm hoping the surgeon would be up for reenacting that bit from Goldfinger, even though I bet he's done it a hundred times before.

So which would you choose and why?

Drago

Legendary Member
Off to sleep for me, so knife it is.

vickster

Legendary Member
Laser but not watching :smile: having had my leg sliced open in A&E, I would go through something surgical with an effective local (it wasn't for the leg due to the infection) but I certainly wouldn't want to watch

If the slice option was more effective and no more scarring, I'd go for that, no issue with GA (had enough over the last few years)

rugby bloke

Veteran
I had a pacemaker fitted under a local anesthetic. I was terrified at the prospect as I am properly squeamish. On the day, I was so spaced by the drugs they gave me to stay calm that I did not mind at all. Even managed to have a random conversion with the surgeon.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I had my eyes lazered. That was fun. They take off the middle of your eye with a scalpel and flip it back, then start with the lazer. After a few seconds you can smell that disgusting smell you get when you burn hair or fingernails. What larks, Pip, what larks.

Does that help?

Even managed to have a random conversion with the surgeon
You put him over the posts?

davidphilips

Veteran
First of hope its nothing serious and you make a full and speedy recovery no mater which you pick.

Perhaps best to talk over with the doctors as to which is best suited for your self as they hopefully have done both before and can advise on recovery times etc, good luck and fingers,toes and even bikes crossed for a good outcome.

Top Bottom