Wrong side, no lights, no hi-vis, not much bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is something not quite right here. Is it the fact that the cyclist is cycling on the wrong side of the road, has no lights (or light mounts), isn't wearing hi-viz, isn't wearing a helmet? Or am I missing something? Or is he missing something? :biggrin:

You trouble maker.

magnatom said:
:biggrin:

Welcome back Catrike!

Cheers, this type of riding happens all the time around here and the police do nothing, I would advocate have the bikes confiscated and given to better cyclists who cannot afford them while sending the offenders on cycle proficiency courses at their own expense.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Catrike UK said:
Cheers, this type of riding happens all the time around here and the police do nothing, I would advocate have the bikes confiscated and given to better cyclists who cannot afford them while sending the offenders on cycle proficiency courses at their own expense.

I must admit on this occasion I wasn't being entirely serious. It is a quiet road and he does seem to be a wee bit short on bike.... :smile:

I'm just trying to imagine what that bike would be like going down into and out of the Clyde Tunnel! :biggrin::biggrin:

Flyingfox

Reminds me when a local pub used to keep a unicycle behind the bar, if you managed to cycle the length of the bar (on the floor) the landlord would give you a free drink. I don't think anyone achieved it, but it did cause much hilarity as the evening went on, and many people woke up with UPB's (unexplained party bruises) the next day :biggrin:

Duds

when i lived in Japan, a bunch of primary school girls used to unicycle past my apartment on the way to school every morning. On Thursdays, they would b playing the recorder too. Obviously Thursday was music class day!

Always brightened the day, and suitably bizarre.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ach, he just left the other wheel in the pub, now who would do a stupid thing like that?? :biggrin:;)

I did see a unicyclist going down Leith Street one morning, no idea how he stopped at the roundabout though...:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

garrilla said:
just nipping down the shops for a Cauliflower?

He was holding an unusual plastic bag. I say unusual as it was unusual for me to see a unicyclist cycling on the wrong side of the road carrying a plastic bag...:biggrin:

Woz!

I've got (and can ride) a unicycle ;)

One of my mates once saw someone riding one at night on the road, holding a white light pointing forwards and a red light behind him!
Another of my mates used to be able to get up stairs on his. I can't do that on mine, sadly! Can go as far as you like, but it kills your legs.

Top Bottom