Yay! Go Manchester.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgs315

Hah whilst walking I was overtaken in a London suburb by a youth on a dockless bike with no locking mech on the rear wheel.

I wasn’t at all surprised to be fair. Local mentality is local mentality.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There are very few on the streets in Manchester. I believe there are only 200 now in the city in use - I can't find one when I need one.
I was warned Mobike would leave a while back. Far too many have been damaged. They started with over 1000. Thing is, the scrotes are damaging the bee's as well. There are a team of 4 going round patching them up full time. If it's damaged beyond cosmetic, it's removed, a mini bee put in place, then repaired and put out very quickly.

Such a shame.

fossyant

PS you wouldn't take one to ride any distance. They are horrible, and I can just about fit at 5'9", but anyone taller has a mare with the seat height. The ride is shocking, but car drivers do stay away as the bikes weigh as much as a range rover. They are great for covering a mile three times quicker than walking though (including unlocking and locking).

Julia9054

Guru
There are very few on the streets in Manchester. I believe there are only 200 now in the city in use - I can't find one when I need one.
I am often in the Oxford Road area. There are noticeably fewer than there were. My son has the app and has tried to use them but couldn't find a bike as they weren't where his phone said they were. He ended up running to Salford instead!

fossyant

I am often in the Oxford Road area. There are noticeably fewer than there were. My son has the app and has tried to use them but couldn't find a bike as they weren't where his phone said they were. He ended up running to Salford instead!

I have the app too, and can never find one now. It was bad enough a while back, but I have been told there are loads that are wrecked. There are very few on Deansgate. It's been ruined by idiots, but that was going to happen. I just can't understand why someone would rob one, as it's obvious when the lock is off, although I suspect they only had BSO's before, and these are a little better. I enjoyed having a go, but they weren't upto messing with traffic.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
9954470E-F118-4660-8BAA-D07480B80ED6.jpeg
Thing is, the scrotes are damaging the bee's as well. There are a team of 4 going round patching them up full time. If it's damaged beyond cosmetic, it's removed, a mini bee put in place, then repaired and put out very quickly.

Such a shame.
temporary bee outside work

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Our bike share bikes are all light blue Fuji Breezers with bells and baskets, not likely to be stolen. Usually a tip-off that the rider is a tourist looking for Route 66, the tower, the University, or the way back to their hotel. I don't think theft is much of a problem.
Only costs me $15 a year, but needs more stations.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Manchester, like any British city, has its share of feckless feral scum who are only too ready to invoke their rights but have forgotten about the responsibility that goes with rights. These are the people who riot and loot at any excuse. I struggle to understand how we have got into this mess, I guess teachers and parents who grew up in the 60s bear a lot of the blame for failing to understand that you can throw out stuffy convention but you still need social rules to coexist.

fossyant

Manchester, like any British city, has its share of feckless feral scum who are only too ready to invoke their rights but have forgotten about the responsibility that goes with rights. These are the people who riot and loot at any excuse. I struggle to understand how we have got into this mess, I guess teachers and parents who grew up in the 60s bear a lot of the blame for failing to understand that you can throw out stuffy convention but you still need social rules to coexist.

Couldn't have said it better.

keithmac

Guru
I read a yesterday about a man who had travelled around 37 countries on his motorbike, stopped in Manchester and it got stolen overnight.

Lovey picture to paint of the UK!.

Fxxking thieving scum..

johnnyb47

Guru
It's a sad world we live in unfortunately. I great idea that can tackle all the wrongs in our city's such as congestion, pollution and is ruined by a small minority of selfish individuals. I can't see any way that this antisocial behaviour could be stopped to be honest.

Perhaps the death penalty and the endemically corrupt judicial system might be a part of that? Personally, I prefer stolen bikes to arbitrary execution.

(Adding with haste: No, I don't mean they execute people for stealing bikes, just that arbitrary authoritarianism is not a model for us to emulate)

Is it ok if we do people's lynching, by the people for the people, and don't get tyrannical government involved?

Top Bottom