Yearly Targets for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
As noted upthread I don't set mileage targets at the start of the year. Or if I do I have forgotten what they were by the end of the year. Also I always end up with some unrecorded mileage. Anyway I have recorded 2,783km to date compared with 3,083km last year so I am exactly 300km under my whole total for 2017. I have decided to set myself the target of exceeding my 2017 distance which shouldn't be too difficult I think its only about 50km a week between now and the end of the year. And I need to do 100km total for the 50km a month challenge by then in any case. I think I may have had more unrecorded mileage in 2017 than this year but will ignore that.

vickster

Legendary Member
:boxing:

All those who have already achieved their targets or close to getting them have just set their goals too low.

Put them up and work harder you lazy gits.

(Just throwing my toys as I’ll just miss my target of 12 000km)
12k is very good. Although are some of those pretend turbo ones? :whistle:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm about 155 miles short of my revised 2500 miles target for the year, so should achieve it all being well and assuming I don't fall off again... ^_^

Just worked out that will be just over 4000km, so happy enough if I get that in.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm impressed. 16m/km is formidable in my neck of the woods.
I'm doing a 100 km ride tomorrow with 'only' 1,600 metres of ascent, 20 m/km being more typical for my local rides. Some are 25+ m/km but that is a bit too lumpy for me to want to do more than a few times a year!

I have revised my 2018 target down twice after realising that I was never going to get 8,000+ very hilly kms in after a very slow start to the year due to wintry conditions. My target now is to just beat the biggest annual distance that I have done since my little chat with the Grim Reaper back in 2012. (6,575 kms/4,085 miles.) I will have 1,276 km/793 miles left to do after tomorrow's ride so I will have to hope for decent weather for the rest of 2018 and get stuck in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom