Yearly Targets for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
not had a plan but @User9609 's post got me thinking so i checked my mileage and ive made it from London to Nova scotia so far . Maybe New York state by the end of the year ? doesnt look far on the map but its probably about 6000 miles :laugh:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Apparently I've ridden to Kuching in Malaysia, with 6,919 miles done. Target is 7,300 so not far to go, and would mean 20 miles a day on average. The other target is to get my imperial Eddington up to 50 which needs 5 more rides of 50 miles to achieve, 3 of which will be done with the monthly challenge rides. Just need to find time for the other 2

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If you use Veloviewer you can create this:

upload_2018-11-10_14-59-48.png

Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I completed 1300 miles last year in my first year back on a bike for 15 years and after serious illness put me in hospital for 3 months :laugh: This year I targeted 2500 miles to push myself a little further and to date I'm at ~2330 so I'm well on course to achieve and potentially exceed it by a few hundred. Next year I'll probably target 3 or 3.5k :smile:

I definitely count turbo miles, in my experience they're tougher than real world miles, and less fun :laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Beal Lane / Grains Road - https://www.strava.com/segments/2200579
Buckstones Road (this should be reasonably straightforward but my mate reckons it's worse than Ogden) - https://www.strava.com/segments/646910

Full disclosure - these 2 are about a mile away from home so I've avoided them because I can't get a proper warmup in pre-climb unless I set off in "the wrong direction" :blush:

Both look 'easily' doable & i'm from the flatlands of East Yorkshire, don't worry about a fast time, just crack on & tackle them :okay:

I definitely count turbo miles, in my experience they're tougher than real world miles, and less fun :laugh:
Agree with that, much less fun that out on the road & tougher, no downhill sections to free wheel ^_^

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
18 times up Everest & you try to avoid hills :laugh:

Well, he didn't entirely succeed given that one of his rides had over 6,500 ft of climbing (almost 2,000 metres)! :okay:

Having said that, I average 2,000 metres of climbing per 100 kms on local roads... :whistle:

Cheeky buggers, I've done 5 rides this year with over 6,000 feet of climbing ^_^

nickAKA

Über Member
Both look 'easily' doable & i'm from the flatlands of East Yorkshire, don't worry about a fast time, just crack on & tackle them :okay:

Agree with that, much less fun that out on the road & tougher, no downhill sections to free wheel ^_^

Just Grains Road to tackle now, need to do it before the winter wheels (with a slightly less forgiving cassette) go on! Felt pretty strong last weekend so need to strike whilst the iron is relatively hot...

Top Bottom