YIKES! Specialized Recall - fingers crossed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
But one without a death or even an injury.

not actually sure if any Viscount owners actually suffered

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Yes, I have had particular bad luck with this bike, lets hope for some compensation as that can go towards my new tyres!

Compo would be entirely appropriate. If your car gets recalled and they say "you mustn't drive it but we can't exactly tell you when we will have the replacement bit for it", for sure they're going to have to compensate. I'd be going in all guns blazing....telling them it's my commuter bike and how am I supposed to get to work now???

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Compo would be entirely appropriate. If your car gets recalled and they say "you mustn't drive it but we can't exactly tell you when we will have the replacement bit for it", for sure they're going to have to compensate. I'd be going in all guns blazing....telling them it's my commuter bike and how am I supposed to get to work now???
"Get the ****in' bus" or some polite version would be the response. They aren't responsible for your consequential losses.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yes, I have had particular bad luck with this bike, lets hope for some compensation as that can go towards my new tyres!
I get what you mean but that isn't want compensation means. You'd need to demonstrate/evidence you'd suffered a loss, are out of pocket, and only then would they compensate you for that lost and no more. So you can't end up ahead of the game if you are honest.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Specialized are always recalling bikes . You'd think they would check this stuff before selling it eh :rolleyes:
I had my TT bike recalled because the bolts holding the ski's on may snap :wacko: I think the bike was a five year old design so they had sold quite a few . Mind you i did get some nice zipp bars to replace them and £100 to spend on specialized products .

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Due to fork failure?
1979, pre-loved Viscount from early- mid- 70's that the Aged P bought from a bloke he worked with as an 18th b'day present iirc. I only found out about the so-called "death fork" years later. I don't remember much about the off. Barrelling along on a SC road, woke up beside said SC road, when I went to collect the bike days later it was a wreck and the forks were broken... I pretty much gave up cycling at that point, not entirely coincidentally and concentrated on playing Rugby.

Accept that 2+2 may make five in my defective memory. I've always been amused about the 1% failure rate. 1% reported failure rate, in the 70's when reporting things wasn;t like it is now ;)

Top Bottom