YIKES! Specialized Recall - fingers crossed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Compo would be entirely appropriate. If your car gets recalled and they say "you mustn't drive it but we can't exactly tell you when we will have the replacement bit for it", for sure they're going to have to compensate. I'd be going in all guns blazing....telling them it's my commuter bike and how am I supposed to get to work now???
N+1.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I think I have the Yamaha replacement.

Do you have the frame to go with it

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What she's actually entitled to is a full refund, including shipping both ways. The bike does not meet the legal standards "satisfactory quality".
Fraid not. That's not the way it works in the E&W. Established via the Motor Trade that a defective replaceable component doesn't render the whole vehicle unfit. So whilst the Law says the quality test applies the way that operates in practise is different. The OP could go down that route via the courts but as soon as the defence says "We offered to replace the defective component foc" the OP's case would fall over.

The OP could go down that route via the courts but as soon as the defence says "We offered to replace the defective component foc" the OP's case would fall over.
But they haven't really done anything. They have said they will replace the part, but not even a time scale yet.

Do you really think Vauxhall could say to thousands of Corsa owners "Your car is unsafe, please stop driving it. We can't say when the fix will available, but in the mean time please get the ****in' bus. Oh yeah, sorry, there are no buses over Christmas, please cancel your plans. Or use you other car. You surely don't just have one?"

FishFright

More wheels than sense
But they haven't really done anything. They have said they will replace the part, but not even a time scale yet.

Do you really think Vauxhall could say to thousands of Corsa owners "Your car is unsafe, please stop driving it. We can't say when the fix will available, but in the mean time please get the ****in' bus. Oh yeah, sorry, there are no buses over Christmas, please cancel your plans. Or use you other car. You surely don't just have one?"

If it was a safety critical fault that came out of the blue what would you expect them to do ?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2

Of course not , they just ignore the problem http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/watchdog.html

keithmac

Guru

Quoting Vauxhall given the debacle over the way they handled the Zafaria B and Corsa heater fires is prbably not the best example..

Hats off to Specialized imho for recalling the forks if in any doubt. Not a forced recall after serious/ fatal accidents like some other manufacturers..

Top Bottom