YIKES! Specialized Recall - fingers crossed

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Charlotte Alice Button, 14 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. I think I have the Yamaha replacement.

Illaveago and biggs682 like this.
  2. N+1.

Illaveago likes this.
  3. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

Do you have the frame to go with it

4. Yes, but the seatpost is stuck. Very nice bicycle, but the proprietary and unique design makes me want to avoid digging too deeply into it.

5. i hate hills

i hate hills Done done on to the next one..........

Aaww no luck Charlotte , but as you say better safe than sorry , also as you mentioned in an earlier post better now than when you start the competitive cycling . Gutted for you as i know how much you were enjoying the bike . Hope it's sorted out quickly ...:hugs:

BianchiVirgin likes this.
  6. BorderReiver

BorderReiver Über Member

This is exactly why everybody needs more than one bike. If you want to be really sure you will never be left bikeless you might need three. Or four.

7. Illaveago

Illaveago Veteran

Do these have farbon corks as well?

Cuchilo likes this.
  8. What she's actually entitled to is a full refund, including shipping both ways. The bike does not meet the legal standards "satisfactory quality".

9. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Sparkly Mermaid Princess <3

Well it seems like they will be shipping new forks out and then I would take them to a dealer and they would foot the labour cost. I just hope its something that can be fixed by May.

I can just practise on my heavier road bike either way and then I will be better on the Allez come Duathlon season!

10. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry only here for The Fridays, and other, rides

Fraid not. That's not the way it works in the E&W. Established via the Motor Trade that a defective replaceable component doesn't render the whole vehicle unfit. So whilst the Law says the quality test applies the way that operates in practise is different. The OP could go down that route via the courts but as soon as the defence says "We offered to replace the defective component foc" the OP's case would fall over.

11. But they haven't really done anything. They have said they will replace the part, but not even a time scale yet.

Do you really think Vauxhall could say to thousands of Corsa owners "Your car is unsafe, please stop driving it. We can't say when the fix will available, but in the mean time please get the ****in' bus. Oh yeah, sorry, there are no buses over Christmas, please cancel your plans. Or use you other car. You surely don't just have one?"

12. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

If it was a safety critical fault that came out of the blue what would you expect them to do ?

13. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

Of course not , they just ignore the problem http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/watchdog.html

14. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice