YIKES! Specialized Recall - fingers crossed

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Charlotte Alice Button, 14 Dec 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

Call specialized and ask where the closest person to carry out the recall is . I took my " The handle bars fall off " recall to a local Evans where they sent the parts and a £100 voucher to spend .

2. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Sparkly Mermaid Princess <3

Yeah I've emailed to ask as it seems that places like Evans and CyclesUK are only interested in their own customers .

I'm hoping Specialized can help over email. If not i will call them after work!

3. Cuchilo

Specialized will tell any dealer to take your bike without question and fix it . Dont deal with the shop deal with Specialized :okay:
    To add to this .
    Thank Specialized for making you aware of the problem and for sorting it out . Say that sending the whole bike back to the dealer you bought it from is a hassle and cost for everyone involved and it would be far easier to take the bike to a local to you dealer to be fixed .
    They should give you a list of dealers that are local if you add your postcode .

Last edited: 28 Feb 2018
    Gravity Aided likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

Yeah Tredz were happy to send the forks to a more local dealer. I just need to find out where they are .I'm pretty excited to get my bike back...just wish the weather was better!!

Gravity Aided likes this.
  5. Cuchilo

Ahhhh well there you go then .

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Halfords own Tredz. Why not ask them to get your local Halfords to do the work?

7. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

I will wait to hear from Specialized today and see what they suggest. They have always come across very informative and helpful - so I am hoping they can help me again now!

8. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

I forgot to add to this thread, I ended up being fast tracked to Cycles UK in town - so no need to send my pride and joy off in a box to Sheepsville.

I dropped it off on Tuesday so hopefully will have my baby back by the weekend :bicycle::wub:

FishFright, JhnBssll, Jenkins and 4 others like this.
  9. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Which branch Charlotte? If Maidstone, they are really good in there.

10. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

@ianrauk - Yes! Maidstone! It was either there or Canterbury and Maidstone is easier to get to! I am so excited to get it back.

Just need a new spine and hips and we are all good for duathlon season :wacko:

11. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

OMG! They just called me to say it's ready!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

HLaB, iancity, Gravity Aided and 5 others like this.
  12. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

Good to hear it’s finally back on the road. Enjoy!

Will overlook the racist “Sheepsville” comment. ;)

13. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

I love Wales - just not when I may have had to send my bike back there :laugh: :wub:

I took it out the moment I got home - it felt amazing, mum came with me - we did around 9.2 miles so that was a nice start :bicycle:

Alan O and Dogtrousers like this.
  14. bpsmith

bpsmith Veteran

That’s alright then. Part time racist. :smile:

More importantly, it sounds like you’re chuffed, so we expect plenty more miles of training to come.

15. OP
    OP
    Charlotte Alice Button

Yes!! Now the bike is back, its made me realise I need to get my finances in order so I can my new continental tyres for it! #Adulting

Alan O likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice