York Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Tinytwin

Response to Gerry Attrick: The evening before? Then I can let the appropriate lunch spot know how many hungry people will be baying for sandwiches when we turn up.

OP
OP
T

Tinytwin

Link to ride

Hopefully this will work: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie...4.134886,-0.969887&spn=0.080056,0.291138&z=12

If the lines have gone all straight, try right-clicking a line and from the menu that appears click on "snap to road". I have not yet got the hang of flying across country yet.

I will let people know a little later what the most favourable date is - when I get a better idea of people's preferences. Thanks for the interest!

banjokat

I'm interested too, again thanks Uncle Phil for the heads up. Unfortuntately I can't do those dates either as I'm on hol, :biggrin: then there's the York Cycling Festival which I want to go to. :biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
I'm working on the 8th, as for the 15th it falls right in the middle of my days off work so I am not sure what I will be doing at the moment, I could be away fishing for the week making up lost time, or if I am at home I would be looking for a lot longer run out on my bike.

Danny

Legendary Member
I am a definite maybe. Second weekend is better for me and would also prefer a Sunday over a Saturday, but will try and fit in with whatever suits the majority.

I'm off tomorrow to do the Coast and Castles route as far as Edinburgh so I'll check into this thread on my return.

colly

Re member eR
Thanks Phil for flagging this up for me.

I am away on my hols at the moment but when I get back I think I will be ok for this weekend. Having barely seen my bike for about a month it should be a good way to get back into the saddle.

JamesM

I should be able to make the 15th. I definitely can't make the 8th.

OP
OP
T

Tinytwin

DATE CONFIRMED

It appears that we were neck and neck as to what date was preferable, but given that there has been a very minor hiccup at our end on the 15th and that hiccup is unlikely to want to get on a bicycle :ohmy:, the date for the ride is this Saturday (8th). It will give those that want to go to the show the following weekend a chance to do so.

Potentials:
Arch
HelenD123 ?
Uncle Phil
Comedy Pilot
Bokonon
Velocidad
Gerry Attrick
craigwend
Danny
Colly - if back? and me.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Tinytwin said:
It appears that we were neck and neck as to what date was preferable, but given that there has been a very minor hiccup at our end on the 15th and that hiccup is unlikely to want to get on a bicycle :biggrin:, the date for the ride is this Saturday (8th). It will give those that want to go to the show the following weekend a chance to do so.

Potentials:
Arch
HelenD123 ?
Uncle Phil
Comedy Pilot
Bokonon
Velocidad
Hulver
Gerry Attrick
craigwend
Danny
Colly - if back? and me.

Definitely can't do the 8th. Most of August is out for me.

is sunday the 9th at all possible? personally i could do either the sat or sun, if the situations the same for all, maybe we could do the sunday and spandex could get a ride in with us.

cheers,

velocidad

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm up for that.

I'm assuming Sunday's just weren't possible this time - maybe next time we'll make sure it is a Sunday? (I'd suggest Spandex plan one, but I fear he'd have us going at some fearful pace and envying his legs....:laugh:)

Top Bottom