York Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
HelenD123 said:
We're hoping to arrange something for 12th September for the Tour of Britain aren't we? I think the plan was to meet in Pocklington for the sprint section then head to York hopefully in time to see the finish. Unfortunately it's a Saturday again:sad:.

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=39756

Yes : I'll try & 'sort out' details nearer the time,

& naughty TOb for it being a saturday!!:smile:

(I prefer sundays for family reasons as well).

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
We're hoping to arrange something for 12th September for the Tour of Britain aren't we? I think the plan was to meet in Pocklington for the sprint section then head to York hopefully in time to see the finish. Unfortunately it's a Saturday again:sad:.

I'm still wondering if I can make it back to York before the pros! :smile:

craigwend said:
Cycling with Park & Ride

Free cycle parking is available at all Park & Ride sites for those who want to take advantage of the fast bus link into the city. Alternatively, you can park your car at a site (Grimston Bar, Rawcliffe Bar or Designer Outlet only) and cycle the rest of the way into the city. :

Thats me sorted then -all being well

Andy / Shaun are you still going / how you getting there?

i might ride over if i'm feeling fit enough, more likely to be looking to get the train :smile:

cheers,

velocidad.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, just to say, I do hope to be coming along, but I've had a nasty cold the last couple of days - I'm hoping to be over it completely by Saturday - at the most, it'll slow me down up hill. Not that anyone will notice!:smile:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
velocidad said:
i might ride over if i'm feeling fit enough, more likely to be looking to get the train :biggrin:

cheers,

velocidad.

If you are on the train, get a return ticket :biggrin:

£17.50 single or £18.20 return IIRC :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
West End of the Minster, where High and Low Petergate and Duncombe Place meet....

Danny

Legendary Member
I'm afraid I am going to have to give this ride a miss as it looks like I'm going to have to travel to a funeral at some point over the weekend.

Hope everyone has a good time.

HelenD123

Guru
Is the ride still going ahead given this thread? I'll volunteer to lead it but it'll have to be pot luck with the refreshment stops as I don't know the area or pubs/tea rooms.

i'm still in. as long as someone gets me back to york i don't mind who leads, and arch will know the eating places i'm sure :sad: setting off at 10 rather than 9.45 might help me out a bit though. if it's fine i'm going to ride to york on route 65, and some parts don't really allow you to go flat out. but i reckon if i set off at 6am i should be there by 10. if i don't get lost that is :hyper:

galaxy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinytwin
There is no reason the ride cannot be re-ridden in October, and hopefully more rides will be organised along the way, before the weather turns too cold.
It would be good to organise a ride to which member's wives and girlfriends would be encouraged to come as there seems to be a shortage of the fairer sex on the rides. We are usually outnumbered by 15 to 3 or 4 at times! Not that I am complaining. An easy route along the old railway line to Selby and back, perhaps, or is that just too tame? :sad:

That sounds good. I think we've more or less managed a ride (or for July, a camping holiday) every month since May, and it would be nice to keep it up, even if shorter daylight leads to shorter rides, and a more localised group for a month or two.

Nowt wrong with Selby and back, I reckon, might be ideal for the winter months to have a few shorter routes with plenty of scope for stopping at village pubs/cafes etc to warm up....

I can't make it this week but If there is one in york next month then please keep me posted :hyper:

Arch

Married to Night Train
velocidad said:
i'm still in. as long as someone gets me back to york i don't mind who leads, and arch will know the eating places i'm sure :sad: setting off at 10 rather than 9.45 might help me out a bit though. if it's fine i'm going to ride to york on route 65, and some parts don't really allow you to go flat out. but i reckon if i set off at 6am i should be there by 10. if i don't get lost that is :hyper:

Alas no, it's not a side of York I know well (hills, you see).

The show must go on, though.

Top Bottom