York Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hope people enjoy the ride, I think I'll come on one next time. Feel a bit happier here saying I hope you know who and Mrs you know who are all right, they'd probably want to hear about how well it goes tomorrow, eventually :sad:.

There isn't anything wrong with Selby and back, done that enough times myself :hyper:.

Bokonon

Über Member
If the ride is still going ahead, I will be attending along with Jelly Mould. I'll check back later this evening to check progress.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bokonon said:
If the ride is still going ahead, I will be attending along with Jelly Mould. I'll check back later this evening to check progress.

I think at this stage (4pm) we're all set to go on with it.

OP
OP
T

Tinytwin

RIDE STILL TO GO AHEAD

Bokonon said:

Yes, the ride will be going ahead tomorrow (!) minus Uncle Phil, who is up and about but will not be cycling. More info to follow tomorrow. Departing 9.45 from York Minster as per original thread.:smile:

colly

Re member eR
I hope to be there tomorrow morning depending on work arrangements.
I'll not be riding over but will drive and use one of the 'park and rides' .

Bokonon

Über Member
Tinytwin said:
Yes, the ride will be going ahead tomorrow (!) minus Uncle Phil, who is up and about but will not be cycling. More info to follow tomorrow. Departing 9.45 from York Minster as per original thread.;)

Good to hear that Phil is doing OK. I'll see everyone else tomorrow.

zacklaws

Guru
Feeling like I'm going to miss out on a good day but instead I'll be stuck at work. Could really do with a nice steady ride for a change as I've managed to burn myself out this week cycling round like a lunatic.

Anyway have a good day and hopefully I'll make the next one.

OP
OP
T

Tinytwin

Gerry Attrick said:
Yep, all in place. Sorry Uncle Phil will not be with us, but also so glad he is ok.

Thanks very much.

Initially, when I got the call, I was not sure whether to ask someone to take over and give them the maps etc. However, given that I no longer have to wait about to see when Uncle Phil is coming out of hospital and he appears to be able to cope with walking about and doing small bits and pieces, I feel happier taking the group group as planned and let him rest. He will not find reading in the garden too strenuous! He may even have the strength to cook up some rock buns if we were to make a detour on the way back, for a cup of tea...

colly

Re member eR
Well sheet, looks like ahhm-a gonna miss out agin.

Mah work is-a gettin in the wayy.

Ya'll have a good time now y'hear.

sorry to all for being late this morning. thanks to comedypilot for hanging back for me, but try as we might, we just couldn't catch you guys. still a good ride out with CP and i managed a personal best of 134 miles for the day.:thumbsup: i have had to slather my bottom with sudocrem though, there are worse things xx(

cheers,

velocidad.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Yes, it was epic. I went to the Millenium Bridge to meet Velocidad, we missed each other on the way, and by the time I'd waited at the bridge, the others had set off. I got back to the Minster and we set a good pace north to try and bridge the gap, but it wasn't to be. Still we had a good ride and being propositioned by the 'World's Ugliest Prostitute' at Stamford Bridge on the way home made for an eventful day.

Top Bottom