You Have to Try Everything Once... Don't You?

Should I Do It?

• Yes

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fine, but speaking from experience a pair of cycling bottom soon let the skin show through when sliding down the tarmac. Not forgetting it also allows for a better massage.

This is not MotoGP and speeds are not that high. You tend to roll, not slide. And even crashing at 37mph, I only rolled once or twice, never slid. I got the road burns from the initial impact, no real sliding involved.

U

User6179

This is not MotoGP and speeds are not that high. You tend to roll, not slide. And even crashing at 37mph, I only rolled once or twice, never slid. I got the road burns from the initial impact, no real sliding involved.

I bet your fishnets were a write off :tongue:

screenman

Legendary Member
Every off is not the same, I have no problem that you put your faith in your acrobatic ability, but I have found tha sometimes I do get road rash when sliding off. Mind you I do not know what speed I come off at because I do not look down and check when the off happens, must remember to check the 510 next time.

U

User6179

NO! So no.

shame
Every off is not the same, I have no problem that you put your faith in your acrobatic ability, but I have found tha sometimes I do get road rash when sliding off. Mind you I do not know what speed I come off at because I do not look down and check when the off happens, must remember to check the 510 next time.

I have never rolled myself only planted but I always check strava to see the speed that I hit the deck , think big bag of tatties being dropped out upstairs window :sad:

My team mate was in the chasing group about 50yds behind and he clocked us at 37. This was in the days before GPS. It only takes a split second to get a friction burn - no need to 'slide'..

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Pointless unless you are racing. Doubly pointless in the winter, when your legs are covered anyway.

leg warmers are more grippy on shaved legs.

I've given up shaving mine; I had to keep adjusting myself this morning.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
leg warmers are more grippy on shaved legs.

I've given up shaving mine; I had to keep adjusting myself this morning.

I've always had problems with leg grippers not gripping, which from a previous thread it was pointed out that the hairy legs could be the cause.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've always had problems with leg grippers not gripping, which from a previous thread it was pointed out that the hairy legs could be the cause.

It only happens badly with one of my shorts/ leg warmer combinations. I might just shave the inch or so where the leg grippers would go. More likely I'll go with tights.

OP
OP
Octet

Octet

Veteran
I think I probably should of added a category of "Yes - But only because it will be funny" to the poll.

Anyway, I think I will go down to the shops on Monday, let you know how it goes on Tuesday (pictures?) and possibly cry until Wednesday.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think I probably should of added a category of "Yes - But only because it will be funny" to the poll.

Anyway, I think I will go down to the shops on Monday, let you know how it goes on Tuesday (pictures?) and possibly cry until Wednesday.

Must have pictures :laugh:

Top Bottom