You know you've been cycling in heavy rain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:rain:

Quite a nice day in london today.

perplexed

Guru
It was hammering it down on the way in today, so I was rigged out in waterproof socks, trousers and a light jacket.

For some reason my crotch was the only damp bit when I arrived. :angry:

potsy

Rambler
Was pouring down this morning at 4.40am, very nearly went back to bed for 30 minutes and would have then driven in.
Luckily I manned up and got my waterproofs on and went for it, 10 miles and it never stopped all the way there.

At least my gear has been test ridden now, winter boots and G-Tex jacket worked very well, just need some better gloves :thumbsup:

Oh and it was bloomin sunny on the way home :sun:

Nebulous

Guru
Forecast this morning was for rain in the afternoon. I went to work quite cheerfully thinking I would get a trial of my new waterproof jacket on the way home.

I'm home, have had my tea, and its still dry and quite sunny. Nevermind I'm sure my jacket's time will come!

twobiker

rode over the moors in shorts,short sleeved top and sunglasses, it pi**ed down, had to stand under the hand dryer in the cafe for ten minutes to dry out, it was miserable.

Wades

My SPD shoes came with a stick-in liner thing that I've taken out as the holes are great for drainage in heavy rain!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Was pouring down this morning at 4.40am, very nearly went back to bed for 30 minutes and would have then driven in.
Luckily I manned up and got my waterproofs on and went for it, 10 miles and it never stopped all the way there.

At least my gear has been test ridden now, winter boots and G-Tex jacket worked very well, just need some better gloves :thumbsup:

Oh and it was bloomin sunny on the way home :sun:

Waterproofs? In August? You'll be telling me you had arm warmers on next?
wave.gif

Ericck

Regular
Checked the weather before I went on my usual ride this morning. Metoffice said it should be raining, not a dark cloud in the sky so off I go. 20 minutes later and its lashing down, shorts and t shirt had seemed a good idea. In the middle of nowhere but manage to take refuge in a bus shelter. The road floods so bad that now every car thats goes past is drenching me, so just had to carry on. Will believe the forecast in future :unsure:

Top Bottom