You never know when you're time is up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Well, it's been a trying day. Not long after my 'I have nothing to do today' post in Mundane News, I went to wash my car, I heard some commotion two doors down, my neighbour is lying on the ground his face purple, I try and spectacularly fail to save him, five paramedics and three fire and rescue spend another 30 minutes with him are as equally unsuccessful. 8:58 my security camera showed him walking his dog past my house he was dead less than two minutes later. 60 years old last week.

It gives pause I'll tell that and I'll tell you know more.

PK99

Legendary Member
Well, it's been a trying day. Not long after my 'I have nothing to do today' post in Mundane News, I went to wash my car, I heard some commotion two doors down, my neighbour is lying on the ground his face purple, I try and spectacularly fail to save him, five paramedics and three fire and rescue spend another 30 minutes with him are as equally unsuccessful. 8:58 my security camera showed him walking his dog past my house he was dead less than two minutes later. 60 years old last week.

My gym was closed yesterday pm because someone working out died.

Sobering.

Mrs M

Guru

Aw, how sad.
Indeed, we never know.
Good on you for trying your best :hugs:

Brains

Legendary Member
And I have just retreated to a bedroom and fired up the laptop for something else to concentrate on as the MIL passed away a few hours ago.

Mrs M

Guru
And I have just retreated to a bedroom and fired up the laptop for something else to concentrate on as the MIL passed away a few hours ago.
Sorry to hear this.
xx

I have had few experiences like that. It has really made me reflect on my life and make some changes.
One of them was to buy an expensive (for me) bike. Another was to cycle Route 66. If I waited till I can get 8 weeks off work to do the entire tour, I may never be able to do that. Therefore last summer I did the initial 600 miles and returned home. Will complete it over next couple of years.

Slick

Guru
True, but there is huge screening programs for screening other major killers in our society, maybe time more was done about heart disease.

Well done for trying, that would leave anyone a bit stunned.

Drago

Legendary Member
Happened to me nearly two years ago. Neighbours thirteen year old daughter collapsed. Tried to save her and failed.

Life if fleeting and short.

Top Bottom