Young driver insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
http://www.gocompare.com/

https://www.comparethemarket.com/

simples_fb_1567463.jpg

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Daughter is with Hastings (passed 3 months ago) had to have a black box thingy but they seemed reasonable enough. She pays£120 a month some were asking £200-£400 a month. She is 21 though and a girl which seemed to make it cheaper. And I am a named driver which took it down a bit more.

PK99

Legendary Member
Help!

The boy wonder passed his test yesterday (first time!)
Which company is least likely to bleed the poor lad dry?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on a lot of variables.
From my experience a couple of years ago, results across companies and post codes can vary dramatically.

Also, do not buy through comparison site without checking b directly with the company's own site.

D2 eventually went with Bell on a Black box, discount on measure driving and 10 month policy gain 1 year NCB.

Very good service for two accident repairs, one where someone drove into back of parked car, replacement car provided promptly, one where D2 reversed into colleagues car in car park

Went back to uni and dd not need to renew as it was car borrowed from us.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Also, do not buy through comparison site without checking b directly with the company's own site.

It's also worth comparing the comparison sites. My renewal quote this year was inexplicably £400 dearer so I went shopping. The same cover (6yrs NCB protected, 28yo 2009 Ford Focus 110BHP + declared mod (towbar) and trailer cover 10k miles per year, Comprehensive) was hundreds cheaper than renewal on comparethemeerkat, the same company on go compare hundreds cheaper again.

Needless to say I did not pay £780 this year, It was more like £360

Drago

Legendary Member
Doesn't help you but my daughter went with Go Girl at 17 years and 2 months. She's 19 now, no claims, and still with them. Cheapest quote at some 1200 sheets on a 60 Plate Peugeot 107, no black box. Postcode makes the biggest difference, and I'm lucky to live in a 'safe' one.

Just had my own renewal through on my Kia Sportage. Thieving gits wanted £87 fully comp for the year. Do they think I'm made of bloody money?

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Doesn't help you but my daughter went with Go Girl at 17 years and 2 months. Cheapest quote at some 1200 sheets on a 60 Plate Peugeot 107, no black box. Postcode makes the biggest difference, and I'm lucky to live in a 'safe' one.

Just had my own renewal through on my Kia Sportage. Thieving gits wanted £87 fully comp for the year. Do they think I'm made of bloody money?
How will you cope, loan? :laugh:

midlife

Guru
I went through Keith Michaels Insurance brokers for my lad on a 1.2 Clio, just under a grand. Just one phone call, sorted by a guy called Gary Moulson who helps insure modded Subaru's .

If it only needs insuring for periods then Marmalade is a good bet.

Shaun

Top Bottom