Your avatar...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barq

We've talked about usernames, but for those of us that have avatars what are they and what do they mean? Some are clearly people's bikes or (I assume) pictures of themselves., but I'm sure all of them tell a story.

Mine is the logo from Thundercats. It was a cartoon in the 80s when I was a kid.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bobby hill, from king of the hill. we share (ish) our hair colour.

I couldn't download the photo I used on the old C+ forum (:blush:) but I found this one <------ (which bears an uncanny resemblance to me :biggrin:) on the avatars available here.
Plus my computer skills are non-existent, so no point in faffing around trying to get something to work (my patience -sometimes- is even more non-existent :biggrin:).

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Finbar Saunders out of Viz, and originator of the word "Fnaar" to indicate that a double entendre has been uttered.

longers

Legendary Member
Mine is Heidi.
My plan is to change it every month with a photo taken during the previous month.

Big Bren

Mine is Spiderman - I've collected Marvel comics for many years now and although I outgrew Spidey a long time ago, I have fond memories of the earlier stuff.

Bren

<------- a Nene. it's a hawaiian goose and was once near extinction, until people like the WWT stepped in to breed them and then return them to the wild. They have captive ones at the WWT centre in barnes and they're quite inquisitive and often peck at anything it can get near... including camera lenses. i loved the piece of greenery hanging from this one's beak.

L

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
There's a monster in your chest. These guys hijacked your ship, and they sold your cryo tube to this... human. And he put an alien inside of you. It's a really nasty one. And in a few hours it's going to burst its way through your ribcage. And you're going to die. Any questions?

Sam

Melvil

Mine is Florian Schneider, one half of the founding duo (the other half being Ralf Hutter, who is a lot less photogenic!) behind the legendary Kraftwerk. He is a 'sound fetishist' according to Ralf, which I think is kind of cool.

The picture was taken circa the release of their seminal album 'Trans-Europe Express in around '77 I think, though I could be wrong.

Mine is a picture of me taken of my better side..........................minus the skin, bones, blood vessels etc :biggrin:

Wogan

It's a picture of me doing my National Service. What? Did you think I was really Irish?

Top Bottom