Your bike in front of a nice/interesting tree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Spent many an hour on this tree before it got chopped back a few years ago.

My daughter use to enjoy clambering around it with her favourite teddy bear about 10+ years ago it's known in the family as the faraway tree .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Horse chestnut tree in Castle Ashby

And then looking down an avenue of oak trees.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I've been meaning to see this tree for a long time & finally got there today. It's in a churchyard in Eastling, Kent - claims are made that it is over 2000 years old.

From the Explore Churches website: 'The gigantic yew looming over the porch is the oldest of a dozen yews in the churchyard. The bulging trunk is hollow inside but full of internal growth. The earliest record is found in an 1838 edition of The Farmers Magazine which notes its huge girth, but an 1807 painting of the church also shows a large tree by the church.'

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
That's a spectacularly - and proud of it - ugly beast.
You should go to epping forest.
There are some spectacularly bizarre aged trees there with an admirable thirst for life and survival. It's a bit of a mystery to me how some are still alive.
Trees really are amazing things. Am pretty confident that after we have all farked up the planet they will just carry on.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
The sort of thing you can thank the bicycle for discovering totally by accident, ladies and gents I give you the magnificent Crowhurst Yew.

Deserves more than one pic I think and I still didn't manage to get it all in.

The tree and bike:

A sign - I gather there used to be one about 1066 but I didn't see it.

God it's old**

A door, every tree should have one:

My bike behind a tree, taken from other side of the tree.

I could also have taken a pic of my bike inside a tree but I'm a gent.

** No one seems to know quite how old it is - 1,000 years has been mentioned and thought likely by a fair few, 1,500 years, have even seen something saying 4,000 years. Searches for Crowhurst Yew will find lots of info and speculation about the beautiful beast.

Top Bottom