Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Biggest False Widow spider I've ever seen on my property, capturing a Cockchafer last night.:eek:

IMG_20190625_094221139.jpg

johnblack

Über Member
Put this elsewhere but this seems a more appropriate place.
snake.jpg

Grass snake on my patio from Saturday

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
We're having goldfinch fights over our niger seed feeder, even when it has free perches. It gets a bit frantic when eight goldfinches are there but even two can be a problem.

Today's sequence:

1. Two interlopers appear.
View attachment 460604
2. One makes his move:
View attachment 460605
3. Furious fight:
View attachment 460612
View attachment 460606
4. Eff off in goldfinchian
View attachment 460607

LOVE Goldfinch's....such busy beautifully marked little creatures...we had a few that regularly come to our feeder in the back garden. I LOVE this thread whilst bored at work....makes me happy to see all these lovely animals and plants etc.

albal

Guru
Heard this chirping last night passed dusk it was a little owl, who was quite friendly considering I was sat in the lorry windows down it was high 30'sc near Agen,France sorry no pics, would of been too dark.

Levo-Lon

Guru
We got some proper hedgehog food yesterday, happy to report our new garden visiter was tucking in last night.

He nearly done a whole dish full.
Might have to remove a fence panel in a bit so the little porker can get out of the garden!!

We got some proper hedgehog food yesterday, happy to report our new garden visiter was tucking in last night.

He nearly done a whole dish full.
Might have to remove a fence panel in a bit so the little porker can get out of the garden!!

Also, as the weather is getting hot, a bowl of water is usually appreciated.

Top Bottom